Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian Candidat View Post
    Holy epiphany, Batman! I didn't even realize the Hitler/Ozzel connection until now. I just watched TLC last weekend and didn't put the two together. Now that I think about it they do look alike.
    I just learned today that the actor who portrayed Donovan from the Last Crusade (the guy who died from super-accelerated aging after drinking from the fake Grail) also played General Veers in ESB. That was news to me.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Well this was a wish that has come true. I saw Indiana Jones toys out at Wal-Mart last night. Little 3 3/4 inch figures. Also Playskool has some of the deformed figure and there is even a Indy potatohead. The funy thing I was was there was a Playskool Indy figure packed with a "Ghost of the Ark" . . . he hehe . . that's right let you kids think its a cute Casper the friendly Ghost and then scare the crap out of them with the movie . . . he he he
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I just learned today that the actor who portrayed Donovan from the Last Crusade (the guy who died from super-accelerated aging after drinking from the fake Grail) also played General Veers in ESB. That was news to me.
    He was also in a James Bond film ("For Your Eyes Only," I think), making him the only actor with a role in each of those three film franchises.

Julian Glover died? That's a bummer. How come there's not news of this all over the Star Wars sites?
    Great actor.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

In his continuous nature to be at the control of large beasty things, he also did the voice for the mammoth-sized spider "Aragog" from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I could've sworn he actually died awhile back, but I guess I was thinking of the guy (Michael Sheard) whom played Admiral Ozzel as well as Hitler in many things including The Last Crusade.

I wonder how many other Imperial Officer actors played Nazis?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Julian Glover, a good piece of casting. Did you know the actor who played Hitler was Admiral Ozzel? Or Porkins was the Army Intelligence agent in Raiders?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Fossil View Post
    He was also in a James Bond film ("For Your Eyes Only," I think), making him the only actor with a role in each of those three film franchises.
    That's right, he was the villain in that one. But he wasn't the only actor with a role in each franchise I believe, there are a few other actors with smaller roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Julian Glover died? That's a bummer. How come there's not news of this all over the Star Wars sites?
    Great actor.
    He misspoke, he meant the character died, not the actor, Julian Glover is alive last I saw and has 3 movies coming out soon.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Dennis Muren, the ILM visual effects wizard, was the sinister man behind the LIFE magazine on the PanAm seaplane in the beginning of Raiders.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Seeing as how this toy line is a bit more than a theory now, I think I'll move this thread.

And now that I see how there's no way or reason to merge this with the "other" Indiana Jones" thread... I suppose you're right Caesar.

Thanks for digging this one up BTW.