Target raised prices??

The one Target I stopped at this morning at AOTC figures for $6.99! Has anyone else encountered that this morning?

It looks like Wal Mart's gonna be the cheapest at $5.88.

Found Luminara at Target this morning after about 7 stops and it was 6.99. I told the manager Wal Mart had the figs at 5.88 and he matched the price!!!
    may the figs be with you

BOOOOOOOOO Target BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! At least their POTJ are on dirt cheap clearance.

Target here is at $6.99 and so is K-Mart. Although the figures at K-Mart go on sale next week. They were the only overpriced places around here.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

At least it's better than $7.99 at KB. I use KB as a last resort. I don't like paying $8 for a figure whereas I can get it for $2 cheaper someplace else!

That's why there was only three people at Target when they opened up yesterday. I bought 7 figures, but it was only because they were background variants. I swapped them with my WM ones and I'm taking them back today. Why would anyone pay a buck extra unless they had a HTF figure that no other store had in stock?

It's good for them that they only had a small display. They'll never sell any until they go on clearance.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I agree. I bought some Target figures, but only because they were the background variants. I'm swapping them with the others I got cheaper at Wal-Mart.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Another thing: My Target had a bunch of POTJ figures on clearance, still in the main action figure aisle, on Saturday. I was planning on picking up a couple of more Bespin guards for $3.20. Can't beat it, right?

Tuesday morning, they were gone. Not even on the clearance end caps.

Originally posted by OC47150
    Another thing: My Target had a bunch of POTJ figures on clearance, still in the main action figure aisle, on Saturday. I was planning on picking up a couple of more Bespin guards for $3.20. Can't beat it, right?

Tuesday morning, they were gone. Not even on the clearance end caps.
    What'cha gotta do OC is stash them. Target always drops the price again and again. I have a couple hidden hoping they'll go down to around $2.

Again, kids. Never ever stash figures (wink, wink). It's an evil practice, it hurts the economy, and you'll grow hairy palms.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I know now I should've stashed them! I figured (here I go being rational about Target again!) that they'd be around for a while. But noooooooooooooo!!

There's other Targets in my area I can still check out.