One ring to rule them all!

Three rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie,
    One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie.

Yes Barada i'm am waiting with you!
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

Fiiiiiiiiive Golden Rings!!.........

4 Calling Birds
    3 French Hens
    2 Turtle Doves.

And a partridge in a pear treeeeee.....

Seriously though, the movie looks like it will rule.

I think that Titantic sould get prepared to sink again! Fellowship is going to break the record, as for Epi.II I think it will be lucky to catch Epi.I!
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

Talking

I can't wait for Fellowship of the Ring to come out! The only thing I'm worried about is how they're going to handle the parts they have to inevitably cut out for time constraints (the book is long enough to almost cover 2 movies).
    The Puff N Fresh pokes back

Most movies with a "pre-installed" fanbase make me nervous, but I've heard a lot of good things about LOTR. So I remain excited and optimistic.

Does anyone know the actual release date? I'm sure I could find it if I spent 2 seconds looking but you know how it is.

Laaazzzy

I agree about Ep2, Sith Worm, I don't think it will catch EP1, and Ep3 will make less than Ep2. Movies without bright, shiny endings usually don't do well at the box office.

Thumbs up

December 19th is the much anticipated release date for FOTR. I will be seeing it on opening day. I have waited 20 years for a movie to come out that will do this story justice. And, unlike the stupid Smurf-looking cartoon and the psycadelic live action/animated versions, this one looks like it will at least be worthy. I was actually planning to do a website similar to SSG for that story but I just work too many hours.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I saw the trailor for LoR before Rush Hour 2 the other day. It looks really cool. I bought the books about 6 months ago in anticipation of the film. I guess I better get started on the first one.
    -`,,``,,``
    Who are you?
    Why are you?
    What do you want?

Rollo Tomasi
    At my theater we've already gotten a few new posters and cardboard dioramas - very cool. So far the marketing for this trilogy has been superb.

I also agree that the box office totals for AotC and Episode III will each be lower than the films preceeding them. Time will tell . . .

I pretty much ignore box office dollars now, unless it is a movie that I really want to fail. Some of the weirdest movies make money.

I know the old LOTR and Hobbit cartoons seem hokey nowadays but they introduced many kids, myself included, to the saga.

Of course after reading the books I see just how much was left out.

Thanks for the info, Darth Cruel, December 19th is now marked on my calendar.