So, did you get nostalgic about Episode 1 Midnight Madness last night?

I certainly did.....for the most part, it was collectors helping collectors, and that's really what this hobby's about.....

it's good to see that there are still good fans in the world.....

and the excitement of that day in April 1999 didn't die.....

it was great grabbing the new characters, and the old favorites.......

it brings a tear to this old collector's eye!
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

I did in a way, but "nostalgia" isn't really the right way to describe it. I went to a different store than the last time and yet met people who went to the store I was at back in '99, so we discussed that experience. Unfortunately, most of it wasn't terribly pleasant since we had what was supposedly the worst store of all the '99 Midnight Madness TRUs - Los Feliz, CA. My main memory was getting in the door an hour after the first people got in and getting crushed by mobbing crowds, employees getting stuck in the center with only a few cases and throwing figures out the center of the crowd (I got hit several times). So not exactly nostalgia, but something similar.

Oh, and last time, it was May 3rd '99, not April.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I did get nostalgic as well. Last time, in 1999, there was no one at my Wal Mart supercenter when I walked in. This time however there were a dozen people lined up, fresh grads from Scalper Academy most of them I'm sure. Oh well. Still had fun though!

Lightbulb

Yeah! I went back to the same TRU the next morning (try 6 hours later... ) and they had donuts and orange juice. This time; nil. Arr! Seriously, I didn't make it to the midnight time, because it was a Monday-to-Tuesday, instead of Sunday-to-Monday in '99, so my schedule didn't jibe as easily. I just thought about 3 years ago, and how I "had to have" every figure; this time, I picked what I wanted. Makes them mean more, I think. Getting 2-4 at a time also makes the credit card bill seem lighter (it's only an illusion, Bel-Cam... ).
    "That's what Sheev said."

actually it was may 3rd 1999, not april

Nah, I skipped it since I was busy at work and my sons couldn't go with me anyway since it was on a school day. I did go to a WalMart after work and got the 24 figs out of the initial 30.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Well it wasn't quite the same, but there was still that tingling feeling when I saw all the figures all on the pegs, so neatly together.

Ah definitely a good memory nonetheless.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

hey, i was at that very same midnight madness that Jedi Tricks was talking about. suffice it to say, it was very disorienting though i did get all the figures they had on hand so i can't really complain. i think i got in around 30 min. after the first people so things hadn't gotten totally out of hand yet.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

No nostalgia for me, other than what Starfig pointed out about the full pegs . . . don't know if I tingled though

TRU '99 was loaded with people, polite for the most part but it was a very fast paced shopping experience. Compare that to WM '02 which had almost no visitors other than my party. I liked being able to browse the pegs over and over at my leisure.

Well, I wasn't able to go to the opening for the figures this year, but actually 2 weeks later I found 24 at TRU and got them all!
    Padme wants some Jedi Juice!