Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question What figures are you disappointed in?

For me, I am not happy with"

Anakin - Peasant Disguise. - The sculpt is horrible. And the 70's lightsaber molded into the arm? Why? He looks like a backstreet boy!Anakin - Peasant Disguise.

Deluxe Mace Windu - I like the figure itself, but NO HOLES in the feet for a stand! I mean, why? Every other figure has them, why not this one?At least the Tyranus and Obi Wan deluxe I understand because of the lame magnets. Now My Mace is foever doomed to lean on a wall.

Obi-Wan Courscant Chase - The magnet in his hand is not strong enough to hold the robot up, such as in the picture. If they are going to put an "action" feature in, at least make sure it works!

SO far that is all that jumps out at me. Let me know what you think.

Royal Guard- Should not have been made with a plastic cape. I would rather see it made with cloth.

The Anakin Peasant lightsaber is by-far the worst! The metal sabers rule. . .I don't understand why he doesn't have one, especially since he has the "force power" magnet in his hand!!!! The Deluxe Mace isn't that bad. . .not having foot holes does suck. . .but did you look at the Obi-Wan?!?!?!? He looks horrible! He looks like an old man!!! I don't think his saber is removable either (Dooku as well.) And as always. . .C-3PO is just getting worse and worse. . .they should just give up on that one. And what is with the really short force pike with the Royal Guard? Looks sort of beat compared to the older one.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

The only figure I wish I didn't buy was Anakin. Just bad all around.

So far none have truly diappointed me. The ones I know would (Anakin Peasant) I didn't pick up. I have no trouble having my Obi-Wan hold the Droid up.

I have no problem with the Mace cause he can stand on his own. The Kit Fisto, which is my favorite figure so far, has a real hard time standing though.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Anakin Peasent gets my award for the worst figure out of the 27 that came out today. Just generally bad. I wouldnt have minded him having the slide out saber if it wasn't done so bad. They should have included a second arm in the package for us collectors that don't like the sliding saber.

The Geonosian Warrior I have to be somewhat disapointed in, though he's a great looking figure he has tons of trouble staying standing. And no footpeg holes means no chance of putting him on a stand. Taun We won't stand on her own either, but atleast she has the holes in her feet.

Other then that, I liked pretty much everything else. Though I do hope we get a regular sculpt of Padme: Arena. It's a nice outfit, but I would like one that's not torn and comes with her cape.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I was surprised with the Padme Arena figure. I wasn't planning on getting that one, but then I saw it and it really wasn't that bad, IMO. Aside from the Double D cups and the shoulder joint, I thought the sculpt was really good. I haven't opened that one yet though.

Another figure I'm not truly crazy about is the Super Battledroid. Straight out of the package, its fine. But once you try to snap on the chestplate or switch arms, it's not as good.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Originally posted by Wolfwood319
    I was surprised with the Padme Arena figure. I wasn't planning on getting that one, but then I saw it and it really wasn't that bad, IMO. Aside from the Double D cups and the shoulder joint, I thought the sculpt was really good. I haven't opened that one yet though.
    Yeah, I have been reading alot of reports of people actually liking the figure once they actually see it. More proof that you never can judge what the photos on the net show, or the people on the net say. I originally didn't care for Jar Jar's pose, but now that I have him in hand, he's grown on me. He looks like he's just kinda rocking back and forth out of nervousness before his big speech. Hopefully we get the basic posed resculpt of him in his other outfit that was shown in the trailer to stand next to Palpy and Orn Fre Taa.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I saw it and I didn't like it. Oh, well. A portion of the figures were really disappointing. Anakin (Peasant)'s head sculpt was good, but the rest of the figure was lame-o.

Best ones...
    -Dexter
    -Taun We
    -Nikto
    -Luminara (inspite of her insipid pose)

the Obi-Wan I got holds the droid just fine as well.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

From the ones I bought:

Battle Droid- Might as well flush this piece of crap down the toilet or put it in a stick and eat it over a camp fire cause its so jellowy it falls apart in your hand(advice-Do not, I repeat do not take out the rubber bans on his neck and head)

C3PO- After you put it together it looks mighty disproportioned and as if it ate a couple cases of cottage cheese and it all went straight to his hips.

And the ones I thought would suck but surprised me:

Super Battle Droid- If youre lucky enough to get one that has a perfectly working mechanism and doesnt randomly blow up, its a great figure, nice bulky sculpt.

Mace Windu Deluxe- Beautiful lightsaber hilt, good sculpt and deco, plus the extra Battle Droid is nice, after you crazy glue both halfs together.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.