Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Talking about having a ripped and cut, bulking, 6'2, 220 lb guy in skin tight lycra playing the Bat is that you will end up casting the Rock or somebody similar. You really need to cast Bruce Wayne, the crackpot crimefighter with serious issues that feels the need to dress up in tights and fight crime to avenge the death of his parents over two decades ago. That is a multi faceted, complex character that needs somebody like Michael keaton ( who I think was an excellent brooding Batman/Bruce Wayne) playing him rather than musclebound beefcake dujour.

The problem with the Batman films (aside from Joel directing and Akiva writing) was the too many characters syndrome. Two or three villains per movie, plus stuffing Robin and Batgirl in there eventually was way too much. One villain per film. I'm glad Spidey is doing it the right way.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Patrick Stewert should have been Mr. Freeze I think he would have been COLD!!!! like he was suppose to be. The unforutnate thing is that what they did to make the movies "sell" ruined them
    the story. Take Stewert's performance of Lecutis and you have a "PERFECT" Mr. Freeze!!!!!!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Overall I think that Val Kilmer made the best Bruce Wayne. George Clooney looked the best as Batman, and Keaton did the best Batman charachter personality. Altough some argue that Keaton's Batman was more like Azreal not Batman.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Scruff, I like your point about Patrick Stewart's performance of Locutis of Borg being right for Freeze - good call!

As for Clooney, I thought he didn't have the look down at all while wearing the mask (or not), but the rest I agree with. To me, the choice of Clooney was simply because he's a big-name Warner Bros contract player, I didn't see ANYTHING of Batman in him... no wait, I did see reminants of the '60s TV show version, but is that what we really needed, a smiling, smug-looking Batman?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I always thought Patrick Stewart would have been the perfect Mr. Freeze. Oh well, stupid Warner Brothers doesn't really make good movies anymore. They just hire big name actors to sell the film instead of actually getting people right for the part. Also, whoever has been writing their scripts needs to go. The only show I can stand of the WB is Smallville. Heck the entire WB lineup is geared towards teenagers, which IMO their movies are as well.

George Clooney, horrible. Definately the WORST Batman.

I hope the Batman Franchise can be saved.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Now they're trying to get Vin Diesel to play the Flash!!! VIN DIESEL! THE FLASH!!! I wish it were possible to overthrow corporate boards of directors like it's possible to overthrow third world dictatorships! I would study the art of guerilla warfare and usurp control of Warner Brothers! I would have each of the board members assassinated and personally behead the CEO and bathe in his blood!

...just kidding. Mostly.

When I think of the Flash, I think of running. Vin Diesel is cool and all, but he doesn't make me think of running.

...unless he's chasing me!

See, Vin Diesel for the Flash. The Flash is a Warner Brothers character. See how stupid they are when trying to cast people. The only reason they want him is because he is huge with TEENAGERS right now, with Pitch Black, The Fast and the Furious, and XXX. Vin is Totally wrong for the part. He has the body of Superman, but not the looks. Bane would be the only character I could see him play. Oh well, perhaps Warner Brothers will learn how to actually start making goods movies again. They have one every once in a while, but most of them are just horrible.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I think Vin Diesel gets his name attached to EVERYTHING. They wanted him for Daredevil, too. And at one point his name was mentioned with Spidey. So, you know, when they get around to the Sub Mariner movie, or the Iron Man movie, Diesel's name will be there.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

The casting decisions in these movies are really suspect, next thing you know they'll be tauting Ben Affleck as Daredevil. Like that's possible.

JT, I watched Batman on TVLand the other night and I can kinda see what you mean about seeing a bit of West in Clooney. But for me it's more of a hint in the voice.

I think I'm going to have to root against Bad Company at the box office, only to discourage anyone WB related from rehiring a successful Shumacher.

Vin Diesel as the Flash? Almost sounds like it's already being directed by Joel Schumacher, what happened to Warner Bros?!? Where are they getting all this crack they're smoking? It almost makes you long for the days of Nick Cage as Superman... ok, sorry, that was low.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.