Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    I guess we can look forward to Marvel comics owning the theaters for the next decade! Bad news for me, being a dyed in the wool DC fan (just MY personal preferrence).
    I do have to admit that I'd really love to see Vin Diesel as Venom though! He'd be my #1 pick! As long as they wait at least until after Spider-Man 2 for his film debut!

Yeah, Marvel is definately going to own the theatres for the next couple of years, which is alright by me because Marvel is what I was raised on.

The problem with Warner Brothers owning ALL DC characters is that that means only one character can usually be done at a time. Next year alone from Marvel we are getting X-Men 2, The Hulk, and Daredevil. With DC, we could probably only see one per year. I think WB needs some new management because they haven't been doing a great job with anything recently. The only movie that they have made recently that is decent is Harry Potter. I hope they can get back on track and actually pull off some DECENT superhero movies. The Batman Franchise NEEDS saving. A new Superman Franchise would be cool, but only if they can pull it off. The problem with WB is that they DO NOT KNOW HOW TO CAST. Jack Nicholson as the Joker was perfect and so was Jim Carrey as The Riddler. Other than those two the casting has been really horrible for every major character. Michael Keaton was the BEST Batman of them all. He had the look when in the suit, a good commanding voice, and played a very low key easy going Bruce Wayne. Although not the typical body type of Bruce Wayne, he definately did the best job in that role.

Vin Diesel would probably be a good Venom. He certainly has the body for it. However, I think he'd have to actually grow some hair for this role.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

One more thing that makes Marvel such a good contender for "owning the theaters" is that they don't stick with one studio for their films - X-men was 20th Century Fox, Blade was New Line, and Spider-Man was Sony/Columbia.

The Batman cinema franchise did need saving, now it just needs a proper burial IMO - WB cannot salvage it the way they make movies (see Lethal Weapon 2, 3 and 4 for perfect examples of the decline of this studio). As for Jim Carrey as the Riddler, I thought he was pretty weak - the Riddler is supposed to be calculating and cold, not some rubber-faced screaming goofball.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have to agree with JT.Bury it.I am a huge Batman fan from way back.I didn't like any of the films.I didn't like any of the casting.Not the Joker,orCatwoman,Penguin, riddler,two face ,Bane,Ivy and not one single Batman/Bruce Wayne was good.Sorry If I sound so down on the films but I am really am.Every one of them was disapointment.Wb needs to bury them and wait long enough for some one with respect for the character to come along and do it right.Same with Supes.Writing, casting all of it was bad.Sorry guys .too much of a fan to like any of them.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

Well Dryanta, the good thing about these new Batman and Superman projects is that, at least as far as Batman is concerned (we should hope the same can eventually be said of Superman), they are getting new guys to do them that care about the characters (who can do Batman better than Frank Miller?!). The old Batman franchise IS dead. Thankfully so! The new Batman franchise is hopefully just about to begin!

...and yes, Jim Carrey made a pretty poor Riddler. He would make a GREAT Joker though! As long as his is the shoot-people-in-the-face-and-then-laugh Joker and not the goofy dancin' and one liner spoutin' Joker.

And yet, Joel Schumacher wants to make another Batman film! He claims he wants to do it right to make it up to the fans. I say he should be sent to sleep with Jimmy Hoffa.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I highly doubt they'd let him have the chance! Plus, the only way he'd ever make it up to the fans is if he never makes another movie again! EVER!

Agreed RooJay. Schumacher completely messed up the Batman franchise. IMO it is dead. He killed it and it is going to be hard to win back fans. However resurrecting it now would be too early. A nice length of time should pass before they decide to attack the Batman franchise again, similar to the gap that exists now between the Superman movies (if we are indeed getting a new one soon). Why doesn't WB realize that being true to the comics is what sells tickets. Spider-man and X-Men were very true to the comics and they did very well.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

If Frank Miller and Darren Aronofsky are allowed to make their Batman: Year One movie without studio interference, and with a decent budget (which we all know it would have), you would see that, while the OLD franchise is dead, there is still plenty of life and viability in Batman films. There is not a doubt in my mind that this movie (or ANY Batman movie, even another Schumacher Batman) would gross NO LESS than 200 million at the box office. If it's done the right way it could easily pull in Spider-Man's numbers.
    By the way, the lapsed time since the last Superman movie (keep in mind, that movie was GOD AWFUL!) has served only to take Superman out of the spotlight. The five years that have passed since Batman and Robin is more than enough time. Furthermore, this IS the right time for the NEW Batman franchise to make it's appearance. Comic Book movies are THE hot thing in Hollywood right now, and stand a good chance of ruling the box office for the next few years. What better time than now to reintroduce Batman (the REAL Batman) to movie audiences? Should they wait until the public is sick of Comic Book movies? Should they release it when the Comic Book movie trend goes bust like the recent teen horror movie trend did? That's just bad business.

What I would like to see is a good live action movie of Batman Beyond. A shaven Christopher Lee would make an excellent Derek Powers (Blight).