Thread: "Oceans 13"

"Oceans 13"

Trailer just hit: http://us.video.aol.com/video.index....pmmsid=1796496

Well, teaser?

Overall, i'm liking the look of this one. "Oceans 12" would've been great had the following happened:
    A. No Julia Roberts thing at the end. That was blurring lines a bit too much.
    B. The "trick" that was pulled had a bit more suggestion to the audience that it had happened. I felt cheated.

But still, thoughts?
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I really liked their Oceans 11, but hated Oceans 12, the plot disappointed in every single way, the camera work was pretentiously being avant-garde, the cast didn't deliver on-screen, the whole thing was just ugly. And Julia Roberts, I'm not a huge fan of hers, but I must say she looked exceptionally awful in O12 to the point of distraction. Bottom line, it was a sloppy movie with a lousy script and lousy editing.

All that said however, the first one did endear me enough that I'm willing to give this another chance, the trailer shows the setting is back in the right place, and Pacino added to the cast could be really good. This trailer could have said more and suckered me in right now, but didn't fulfil completely so I am in "anticipatory wait-and-see mode".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I never saw Oceans 12 but I liked Oceans (this one goes to) 11. One thing about 11 I don't get is how people raved about Julia Roberts?!?!? HAW!!!! She didn't do much of anything in that film.

PS O 11 is on right now on TNT.

JimJam, funny you should mention that it was on TBS, I was watching it when you typed that. Avoid Oceans 12 like the plague that it is, the script wasn't even written as a sequel to Oceans 11, they just adapted it.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I loved Oceans 11 and have both movies (but I still haven't seen 12).
    I saw the new trailer the other night and it looks pretty good.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    JimJam, funny you should mention that it was on TBS, I was watching it when you typed that.
    Which viewing, its was on a couple of times in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Which viewing, its was on a couple of times in a row?
    I watched the second half of the one that was on while you made that post, then watched the first half immediately after.

hehehe I was watching it too when you posted, man. The first one is great although the last 15 minutes was now about 40 minutes thanks to commercials.

I always love Yen's angry comment of, "Where the f--- you been?" Kills me every time.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"