Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Batman Begins (merged)

Any word when it is coming out?
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I haven't heard yet.I hope they make a real Batman movie this time.One that is based and looks like the comics.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

I hope they make it like the first two movies where Batman still was the bad@ss motherf**er and kept himself dark and secret
    and they have to find a cool new bruce wayne

187_maul.Do you read the comics?I have for almost thirty years now and all of the movies were a major disapointment to me.
    Your discription of the Batman is right on.But I really didn't see Micheal Keaton living up to the image of "the Man".Bruce Wayne is 6'2" and well over two hundred pounds of perfect muscle.He has a voice that could freeze water and unmatched fighting and detective skills.I want the real Batman in a movie.Not what IMHO have been really feeble and idiotic attempts.I am glad you liked the first two though

I think the closest we'll ever get to the comics is the first Batman animated series. By far the best American Cartoon of all time, (not counting the Simpsons, which is more like an animated sitcom.)

I think that a lot of people who like Michael Keaton as Batman, never read a Batman comic. Dryanta hit the description right on, big, dark, and brooding. The movies never got it right, especially the costume. Batman doesn't wear rubber.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

nope no rubber.Spandex.kevlar and nomex.I agree wolfwood most who liked keaton had no refence point on the character.And I agree the animated series was awesome.The closest representation of the Batman to date.Enough so it actually added to the comic in the form of Harley Quinn.

The only way I think that the film series could make a justifiable movie is if the man, Frank Miller, wrote the screenplay, and had a large part in the creative aspect of the film. Nobody does Batman like Frank Miller, nobody. Although Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale's "Long Halloween" and "Dark Victory" are very very close to perfection as well.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

exactly.Miller would be the man.As long as they kept him free unlike the Robocop movie he wrote

well I read the DC batman comics a couple of years ago and have a couple of otherstyle drawn comics too (like batman dark knight)
    I liked the animated series although I think I first knew the movie and then the comic so the movie never was a big disappointment to me

I have read Batman comics, not a real comic buff but I have read some of them but I enjoyed Michael Keaton's Batman. The first 2 movies were good, but Forever and Batman and Robin just flat-out sucked.

Originally posted by Dryanta
    Bruce Wayne is 6'2" and well over two hundred pounds of perfect muscle.He has a voice that could freeze water and unmatched fighting and detective skills.
    Oh you've met him?

I don't mind the rubber for the costumes, much better than the Adam West costume. I think the best costume however is the Batman/Batman Returns costumes.

I wish they'd go more by the animated series though, it was sickening that they went with Barbra being Alfred's niece and being played by Silverstone.

So far planned is Batman: Year One and a live-action Batman Beyond but I think they can't get proper funding so they haven't started any work at all on it. Though I'm not sure what the hold up is, I wish they'd release'em. Although if they do, then I hope they follow the series VERY CLOSELY on Batman Beyond and for Year One they better go back to the 1989 movie apperance of Batman since it would be a prequel.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"