Idea for R2 Sentry (Spoilers kind of)

You know with all these removable limbs why couldn't Hasbro make R2's middle leg pop off to at least simulate a retractable leg. Lousy Beatniks

I thought of this idea myself, too. I seriously love this figure. But this would have been a very clever thing for them to do.

explain how this is a spoiler and what parts come off it? its the new atoc electronic basic fig right?
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.............

Well it's spoiler cuz I mention the removable limbs of other toys. I know it's not a big spoiler thus the "kind of".

On my old Power FX R2, I cut the middle leg off 'cause it was too far forward. Since these are the same body, this figure has the same problem. You'd THINK Hasbro would just make the leg pop out with rounded pegs, but I guess they didn't want to change ANYTHING about the body of the original.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've always thought that having Artoo's middle leg be removable not retractable would make more sense. This way they don't have to compromise the body sculpt to fit the leg (some R2 bodies are too long) and it gives them less moving parts to manufacture.