Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Favorite TPM Quote (as of this day)

We all (yes, even you) have our favorite quotes from the newest SW film. If you're like me, they change quite frequently. What quote(s) is/are your personal fave(s) at this moment? P.S. There's similar thread in the Classic Trilogy section, too!

I'd go with:
    "You could call for a vote of no-confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership." With questions of "Can you do[something]?" I often say this line.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

"That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way."

One of the radio stations around Ft. Hood, TX still uses this quote to describe their music. (they play hard rock/metal)

I've also found myself saying "Okeday" a lot.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

"I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war" That's always been one of my favorites ever since it gave me chills when I heard it in the trailer!
    For everyday situations and for business inspirations, I also like to use Qui Gon's, "Your focus determines your reality"!

Whenever I'm asked to make a decision about what to do with something that is no longer needed, like some old household item, i always mutter to myself 'Wipe them out - all of them...' before giving a real answer. I also describe people i don't much like as 'stunted slime' all the time. I'd use the whole quote more often but it's a little hard to get into conversation so i use the abbreviated version which makes people laugh anyway.
    That is - when i actually leave the computer for more than five minutes and actually interact with flesh and blood human beings in the real world outside my front door..........

"I will make it legal".
    Darth Sidious reveals a lot in that statement, I think, and it is delivered in a way only Ian McDiarmid could do.
    Last edited by Fulit; 09-05-2001 at 08:30 PM.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge." -Darth Maul

To me this helps describe 'The Phantom Menace' as the being the Sith and/or Sidious/Palpatine.

Originally posted by bigbarada
    "That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way."
    One of the radio stations around Ft. Hood, TX still uses this quote to describe their music. (they play hard rock/metal)
    bigbarada, with the current state of my once beloved metal scene, I take this phrase literally !

On a related note, there's a hard rock station in my area that likes to play the ANH line, "This station is now the ultimate power in the universe."

We have an 80s pop station that is loaded with Star Wars themed commercials. Probably the coolest has a Darth Vader like breathing in the background with the announcer saying, "The next chapter in a saga that spans generations!" then the goofy radio jingle busts in; but it's still pretty cool.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Wipe Them Out....All Of Them

Order,Order!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs up

"At last we will have our Revenge."
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."