Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Okay, the toys are out! Who is you Favorite?

At long last --- they've hit the streets. The checking account is low, the credit card bills high, so which figure is the one you can't stop playing with?

And lets not bash each other's choices either. I say that because my pick is sure to elicit groans from around the world . . .

But, anyway, here goes . . . My favorite ATOC figure is . . .

C3-P0

Sure, he's a little chunky, but my pieces all fit really snug and tight. All EIGHT pieces. Eight Pieces!? And we usually get all excited about the occasional removable hand . . . Anyway, I love this guy. He's articulated at the waist! Even his storage trunk is pretty dang cool. And if the colors are somewhat off --- as some have reported, then he just becomes a very cool background characters and his bulk then is even less troublesome. I like the color scheme, especially the subtle hints of gold peeking through on the battered panels. Way to Go, Hasbro!

Okay, guys. Which one do you like best?
    Last edited by mark2d2; 04-24-2002 at 04:19 PM.

Well Jango is my favorite character, and I really dig the figure, but for some reason I have taken a liking to Shaak Ti. There is something about her coloring and her stance that I cant help but like. Maybe its because she is a brand new character and species we have yet to see previously. She just looks so dang cool with that lightsaber, and yes, even with the blast effect.
    So she would be my 2nd favorite, a very close 2nd.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

If I had to pick just oneout of the 26 I got (no Dooku), I'd have to go with Anakin Hanger duel. It's just such a great figure, and one I wasn't expecting to like so much.

Runner up has to go with Dexter or Jango. Clone Trooper would have been higher if his pose was better.

Hmmm. . . . Maybe if the pieces fit on my C-3PO better, or if my Shaak Ti's arms weren't made of bendy-class plastic, they'd rank.

My faves:
    Kit Fisto: Not sure who or what this dude is, but he's the perfect marriage of Collection 2 detailing and Collection 1 gimmicks.

Yoda: Same as with Kit, except I know who and what he is.

Boba Fett: I know it's another kid figure, but I can't stop playing with it. (No jokes, please.)

Clonetrooper: I wish all the gimmicks were simply added articulation.

Count Dooku (Dark Lord): Once you get him balanced on those squeeze-feature legs, he's pretty wicked.

Anakin (Hangar Duel): It took several tries to get that left arm to stop spinning at a decent-looking point, but he's such a cool figure I can overlook the stupid gimmicks.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Ditto...Kit Fisto just looks really cool.
    "I have a bad feeling about this..."

drumroll..........

Taun We. What a totally kick-A figure. It's a lot like gumby, but not made from a little green slab of clay. And that clone cylinder, the best accessory ever. It's so cool how it is just empty and that you have to use your imagination to picture a clone embryo in it.

OK, seriously. Clonetrooper is the best IMO. I wish it was articulated more, especially at the knees (can't tell because I haven't taken mine out of the bubble). It's such a great looking sculpt, even better looking than the Stormtrooper. The plus about it is not only do you get a rifle but a tripod-supported cannon with launching projectile. We had to get the deluxe snowtrooper for that gem and even it was cumbersome. The little foot stand is another little plus for this figure.

My condolences to those who couldn't find one on 4/23. It's hands down the best looking figure. But I'd trade one for a Count Dooku right now.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Re: drumroll..........

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    OK, seriously. Clonetrooper is the best IMO. I wish it was articulated more, especially at the knees (can't tell because I haven't taken mine out of the bubble). It's such a great looking sculpt, even better looking than the Stormtrooper. The plus about it is not only do you get a rifle but a tripod-supported cannon with launching projectile. We had to get the deluxe snowtrooper for that gem and even it was cumbersome. The little foot stand is another little plus for this figure.
    It's pretty articulated, you should pop it off the card. He has a total of 14 points of articulation. Here are the following points, one of the best articulated figures in the line. Zam is runner-up.

Neck, Waist, Arms (2), Elbows (2), Wrists (2), Legs (2), Bending Knees (2), and Swivel Knees (2)!!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Hey, thanks for the 411 Jar Jar. Sound even better than I though. I'll have to get another one to open.

BTW, how well is Zam articulated?

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Dexter I think is just the most interesting figure. I wonder how he'll be on screen????

Originally posted by sunblind
    Dexter I think is just the most interesting figure. I wonder how he'll be on screen????
    It would be pretty funny if they had the Mel from "Alice" do his voice.

"Hey you dingy, get back to work!"

"Kiss my alien grits, Dexter!"

Funny thing. The Dexter figure is my wife's favorite. I have no clue why though. Maybe she likes guys in wifebeaters with their fat bellies hanging out. I guess I'll have to start on a regimen of Coors and pork rinds.