Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How much is too much?

Do you think hasbro releasing all these items at one time is a good or bad thing?

I like the fact that I can get a bunch of cool stuff at once
    BUT
    - $$$$$ (27 figs is a LOT),
    -there wont be new waves out for a while (w/ exception of bespin),
    -the thrill of the hunt fior the most part is gone

At first I was really anti-27 figures. Now that I see all the ones scheduled for the rest of the year, sure why not? They'll be plenty to hunt for, including the last three POTJ waves which have been tough to get. Don't forget, many people have missed some of the figures due to crappy Hasbro/retailer distribution. That's one more thing to be on the lookout for.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I think 15 would have been more than enough. Also, if they bring in new waves, there shoulden't be more than 4-6 new figures in it. And now that we are talking about too much, when the hell is Hasbro going to do something about the terrible situation in Europe! When can we finally go out and buy some figs at a reasonable price ($8 tops!!) without having to drag our asses all across the country to conventions and such. Come on Hasbro, we pay your friggin' salaries!

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com

I dont mind, in fact I welcome anything they can get out, cause I dont buy all the figures, just the ones I like.
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

How much is too much?

One MILLION DOLLARS, hahahaha

Eh.
    May the force be with you.

No

*camera zoom*

One Hundred Billion Dollars!!!

Muahahahahahahahah
    You just remember what old jack burton says at a time like this. Have you paid your dues? yes sir the check is in the mail.

Was this too much? Yes, because it leaves a big hole in the next few waves and makes retailers totally unsure of what to order and what's hot.

-but-

No, because the first few waves were really sub-par compared to the later figures.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT, just a brief response to your post.

I was talking with the Hasbro rep in my area at TRU on 4/23. She said that they "survey" the stores to find out what's clogging the pegs and what they don't have. Supposedly that is what they are going to be doing for the Saga line to inform the buyers on the retail end on what they don't have and what they should order. I told her I was looking for the Dooku, Guard, Taun We, and Luminara figures because they were shipped in miniscule quantities. She actually wrote down what I was looking for and said she would find out what was up with the wacky distribution so there would be a better chance for HTF stuff to make its way sooner to the stores.

Her bottom line is that it is really up to the retailers' central warehouses to figure out what they actually have and ship the new cases or whatever is lacking.

I later on talked with a manager about potential difficulties in putting out figures in newer waves. He said that in this case that if they did get new stuff they would put it out, even at the expense of clearing some of the pegs of older stuff. If what he told me was the gospel truth, I wouldn't mind all the pegwarmers as much as I do now.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Well, let's hope they weren't yanking your chain. I've been burned by so many Hasbro reps in stores in the past that I wouldn't believe them if they said the sky was blue. Still, it'd be nice to believe again... I think I'll go watch Field of Dreams one more time.

As for being a "brief response", it was at least 3 times as long as the comments it was in response to! (sorry, I'm not intentionally picking on ya MC)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Well, let's hope they weren't yanking your chain. I've been burned by so many Hasbro reps in stores in the past that I wouldn't believe them if they said the sky was blue. Still, it'd be nice to believe again... I think I'll go watch Field of Dreams one more time.

As for being a "brief response", it was at least 3 times as long as the comments it was in response to! (sorry, I'm not intentionally picking on ya MC)
    You know, apart from Star Wars, Field of Dreams is probably the movie that has had the most impact on my life. It was one of the primary motivators for me to pack up my car and drive across I40 and set up shop in LA. Ah, I think that I'll pop that one in again. Thanks for reminding me!