Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No Fast-Food Tie-in

While the addage 'Less is always more.' usually rings true, I for one am disappointed in the absence of a fast-food tie in for AOTC. I agree that Lucasfilm went overboard with the marketing of TPM and the triple-whammy cheesy fair offered by Taco Bell, KFC, and Pizza Hut left many fans numb. However, a nice 4-Glass set in the same league with the BK sets of the first trilogy would have been tasteful and well-received.
    If they want to cut back somewhere, how about a few less chip packages or cereal boxes. This is the first film not to have a tie-in with a fast-food chain and I will miss it.

I think its a combo of Star Wars and all the big "Blockbuster" movies. I just think the FF chains realized that they were spending to much on the rights and not getting much in return. None of the big movies this summer are haveing FF tie ins. I think the Spider Man is in with BK, but it looks to be very limited. I men the movie opens in a week and I've only seen one commercial. Same deal with The Scorpion King. No FF tie in. I just think these places have been burnt in the last few years. I too think something tasteful would be good, but I won't miss those goofey TB commericals every two seconds.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

I loved the Pizza Hut girl . . .
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

If the fast food world would due tasteful toys and glasses and not flood the market with junk then it would pan out and fans would be able to have a new collection of Star Wars stuff to persue.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I sort of enjoyed the Pizza Hut, TB, KFC promotion, but trying to get each friggin toy was really tedious. I wish this time they had a game like they did at the trilogo restaurants for EP1, where you could win food and other stuff instantly or collect those pog things and get a bigger prize. Wouldn't that be cool to win the whole set of figures or at least just one if they made that a prize?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I too wish Lucas would at least have a tasteful, small tie-in with Burger King like at the end of this summer, and have it be a few nice quality toys and drinking glasses. BK has been doing really well with promo tie-ins lately and I think they could bring justice back to the Star Wars name in this field.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I too am missing the fast food tie-ins of days past! I want my kids meal toys, mini posters, cups, and other packaging. Not having that stuff makes me kinda sad, and makes me yearn for the good old days even more. I'm also disappointed that Pepsi has no tie in promos for AOTC. They spent so much money for the license that you'd think they would've done SOMETHING! Why not just scale back from what we saw with Ep. 1 instead of refraining completely. I'm hoping that by the time the movie hits (and we all know it's gonna be a HUGE success!) that Pepsi and company will get in gear and give us something before the end of summer at least!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Spiderman is at Hardees, I think.

Instead of those cheesy cheapo toys we had with TPM, I would like to see exclusive Hasbro figgies. Who wouldn't be eating tacos, pizza, and chicken morning,noon, and night for THOSE?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I'm glad their not doing FF this time I got too full of Pizza Hut, KFC, and Taco Bell I got everything cup toppers, toys (except one), posters, and fresbies. Thats alot of chicken, tacos, and pizza.

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    Spiderman is at Hardees, I think.

Instead of those cheesy cheapo toys we had with TPM, I would like to see exclusive Hasbro figgies. Who wouldn't be eating tacos, pizza, and chicken morning,noon, and night for THOSE?
    DUDE! Yeah, what is up with that? I can't say much about Hardee's since there aren't any that are anywhere near I live (N. Ca), but Spiderman's other promo partners are Carl's Jr. (?!!) and Dr. Pepper (?!!). How did those two companies luck out? When's the last time either of them played host to a MAJOR movie tie-in? WEIRD!
    I agree with your exclusive figures idea though! That's be the ultimate in fast food premiums, and would probably change the way fast food tie-ins are done forever!