it's official, lucas says sideous is palpatine

i would of posted this in the episode 1 thread, but the topic switched to schooling, so i started a new thread here. anyway, in the episode 1 dvd audio commentary, lucas states that the first appearance of sideous is in holograph form because that was the way we first saw him in the empire strikes back.

i know everyone already knows sideous is the emperor, but some[GNT ] want it revealed on film. hopefully lucas' statement on the episode 1 commentary will finally settle this.

Thumbs up

Thanks Derek,

I am still exploring this DVD. I never doubted that they were one in the same.
    ubi mel ibi apes

Wink Re: it's official, lucas says sideous is palpatine

Originally posted by derek
    i know everyone already knows sideous is the emperor, but some[GNT ] want it revealed on film. hopefully lucas' statement on the episode 1 commentary will finally settle this.
    It has to be revealed in the movie for me to believe it (Dont get wrong I know whats his name plays them both and clues hint it in EP1) but it needs to revealed in the movies or its just EU!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Dang it. I wanted to post this thread first and rub it into the faces of all the non-believers.

Ha! All the people that said "No way, that's too obvious" or, even worse, "Palpatine's a clone", I say HA! In your face!
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

I still am not fully convinced...ROTS did not conclusively show that they are one in the same. It was theorized by Anakin but what does he know?

It could be that once Palpatine became Emperor, he didn't need Sidious any more so he killed him (offscreen in a novel, of course).

Or something.

Do we ever see both of them on screen at the same time? NOPE! Two different dudes.