Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vader's "Home"

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    We've already got one. In the EP 2 trailer,

EP 2 MINOR SPOILER

when Flash Gordon's ship flies down thru the canyon, in the background there's an evil, menacing, looking castle with creepy, evil spires and what not. Just imagine it at night, OOH! Scary!

(mod note - Please be careful of spoilers, even if they're from the trailer, in non-spoiler sections - JT)
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

As for spoilers, we have to be very conservative about such things here on the forums, even the little stuff can impact non-spoiler folks.

As for said
    EP 2 MINOR SPOILER

I don't think that desert place fits the bill for the Tarkin/Vader "black steel castle". I kinda think that thing from the teaser is more like the Tatooine Bowl-a-Rama.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Anybody else find it humorous that the ONLY thread in the Episode III no Spoiler section is about vader's pad? That's funny...

Lobito, the pic of vaders pad was from the art of return of the jedi if I'm not mistaken (which I probably am) I don't have that book as my copy was lost in the star wars wilderness years But if I can remember where I put the link I'll direct you to a Ralph McQuarrie art site that probably has the picture.

Vader would surely prefer a technological home with plenty of medical facilities to care for his many needs. As a walking iron lung he needs some maintenace surely? That suit must eat batteries/power cells. he'd need some kind of power source or re-charger.

Okay that's a silly thought, but you see my point?

I agree with JT about tarkin having a big gothic looking stronghold. Tarkin is the ostentatious one with grand designs and ambitions. Vader just does his thing and serves the Emperor. I think that's why he's such a great character, he has his personality stolen when he is placed in that suit. He loses his humanity and therefore that cold technological home sounds more appropriate to him. cold metal outside and cold metal inside.
    It would give the tragedy of his downfall more weight if his surroundings are simply stark as opposed to some grandiose palace of evil delights.

I imagine Vader just has meditation chambers stashed here and there and that's pretty much his living space. They all look the same on the inside, so he can scurry in their like a squirrel and hang out where ever he is homesick.

Cool

Vader must have a huge pad, he must have enough money to buy a whole planet!
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

Wonder what the salary of an evil Sith Lord is? think they award themselves bonuses? Maybe an executive speeder or two with parking spaces reserved solely for their use? Or maybe being totally given to the dark side they just park wherever the heck they want to........

That's being silly isn't it?

I don't think Sith Lords get money for doing what they do. They just get paid in evil satisfaction. They take what they want when they want it. God, wish I was a Sith lord....

Aww, c'mon, they get MAD money, no doubt. Look at how sharp those TIE pilots (Vaders of course)in ANH were- they wouldn't snap-to like that if Vader wasn't footing a pretty sweet bill.