Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My fellow padawan Derek was so sick of hearing me talk about it, so he ordered it for me about a month ago for my birthday. He said, "Not another word about this until it arrives on your dorrstep in October. Got it???"

Sooooo... I didn't have to buy it, but I'm definitely getting it!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I don't personally own a DVD player, but would probably rent and watch it with friends...IF the "added scenes" aren't all a bunch of podracer crap. Arrrgh. They had better put back in scenes like Anakin beating up the little green guy and other things that actually add to the CHARACTERS and STORY...

Originally posted by AEP
    They had better put back in scenes like Anakin beating up the little green guy and other things that actually add to the CHARACTERS and STORY...
    The force.net reported that,that scene will be in it,but will have to wait to be sure!?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I'm a documentary junkie, so I am probably more excited for the "behind the scenes" segments than anything else.

First off...Duh. of course I will buy it, with 400+ DVDs, I believe I am the SSG DVD King...

Second, just out of curiosity, what does AEP stand for???

I'm with Caesar in being excited for "Documentaries" on the film. I've grown past actually enjoying the films thenselves (although I still enjoy them) and see them more as touchstones for the EU or finding more about how they were made (what went into the creative process) so Behind the scenes stuff and books dealing with schematics and maps are really exciting to me. I think Jargo once said he knew so much about how the films were made that he had deconstructed them past enjoyment, and only watched them to glimpse another obscure alien or try to figure out where a certain T-16 was stored. I'm getting to that point myself. Seeing those "deleted" scenes will be cool. Once they become available, who is going to consider them "canon" for purposes of discussion like the lost "Anchorhead" scenes? I probably will.

Rollo Tomassi, can I ask a trivial question regarding your DVD collection? Do you count them as 400 titles, or actual discs? I only ask because by counting every disc I have, it's around 250. I have several 2disc sets (Hannibal, Se7en, Glory and such) that contain so many extras that it feels justified.

Not that it matters or anything, I'm just curious as to how other collector's embrace their collections. There seem to be alot of DVD fans here, and I have a few other questions I might pose in general threads.

Thanks

Rollo, ha, it stands for my old forum ID being 'AP' but the new forums won't accept a two-letter ID...so an extra one gets thrown in.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    It could stand for A nother E ternal P adawan.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Originally posted by Caesar
    Rollo Tomassi, can I ask a trivial question regarding your DVD collection? Do you count them as 400 titles, or actual discs? I only ask because by counting every disc I have, it's around 250. I have several 2disc sets (Hannibal, Se7en, Glory and such) that contain so many extras that it feels justified.

As a close personal friend of Rollo, I know it refers to the number of titles. The man does nothing except spend money on DVDs and Star Wars...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Cool - even 4 disc sets like The Sopranos Season 1?