Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Podracing?

Podracing?

The Official Site says there will be podracing in E2. There wasn't in any of the scripts/scriptments I've read. ??????????

Podracing In Aotc!

The official site just announced that there will be Poracing in AOTC! I haven't heard anything about this before but it's straight from the horse's mouth. It has to be when Anakin and Padme go back to Tatooine. Maybe Watto tells them that the Lars' are in town to see a Pod Race, and they go to the Arena to meet them or something only to find out that Scmi decided to stay home and go picking Hubba Gourds (those aweful races). I don't think it will show much though. I just hope Jabba makes an appearance. He's probably my 2nd favorite characyter after Vader. (they don't even have an decent action figure of him yet after 7 years) Anyways, this could be the perfect opportunity for Anakin to do something to **** off Jabba enuf for him to have a hate-on for the Jedi by ROTJ. I hope so anyways.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

If podracing is shown, I highly doubt it will be the 13 minute screentime hog that we saw in Ep1. Maybe it will just be mentioned and, at most, glimpsed in the background.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The scripts/scriptments are either false or aren't telling every little detail.

I'm thinking that podracing will either be in the background or Anakin may attend a podrace while he's on Tatooine.

Maybe... Just maybe...

Anakin stops by the races when he is on Tatooine so he can kick Sebulba's bony little butt!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    Anakin stops by the races when he is on Tatooine so he can kick Sebulba's bony little butt!
    That would be AWESOME...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

I dont think it is going to be a major scene again. I think he may go to one while on Tatooine, but that's about it.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Well, they have said Sebulba will be in it, so maybe he goes to the race to kick Sebulba's ***. That might be cool.

Maybe Sebulba is the first recipient of Vader's infamous choking action.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

I'm sure this is just a cut/establishing scene. Just as Naboo established on the Theed Palace, and Coruscant established on lots of ships and buildings, Tatooine will probably be established to the audience by a few pods racing in the desert as Anakin and Padme approach Mos Espa...
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.