Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question What is this Red Clone Trooper???

Is he a commander or something? And how many more colour variants are there? Green? Blue? Pink?

Last edited by DarthMaulSithLord; 04-25-2002 at 08:40 PM.
    InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com

The rank-colors are still hazy, but there are red, blue, yellow, and possibly green variations.

The KayBee exclusive 12" Clone Troopers should shed more light on this.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

So it isn't even clear what ranks these hold at the time?

InGenOps - THE Jurassic Park & Dinosaur site on the internet!
    http://InGenOps.250free.com

InGenOps Community Forums
    http://InGenOps.hyperboards.com

The cross-sections book says the yellow ones are pilots.

There are theories, of course. I like Jar Jar's breakdown:

White: Basic Troops
    Red: Ranking Officer/Specilized Trooper
    Yellow: Commander
    Blue: Pilot
    Green: Field Medic

Green might just be poor picture quality, and there are medic droids. Which I hope appears with a future clone trooper variation.

I don't know about the yellow being pilots. There are too many sources showing yellow troopers leading squads.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Sean the Hutt
    some guy said he found a black striped variation, but I did not actually see it.

Yes, yellow is commander. The 12" yellow clone trooper is called a commander. Can't remember where I saw it, but I think it was on SW.com

A green one? Medic? Naaah. They're not going to care if a clone gets jacked up. They'll just reproduce some more of that good old DNA and make another one.

If other's get made, I hope they are in the same vein as the Red one. That one's the best figure released so far in this line.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    A green one? Medic? Naaah. They're not going to care if a clone gets jacked up. They'll just reproduce some more of that good old DNA and make another one.

If other's get made, I hope they are in the same vein as the Red one. That one's the best figure released so far in this line.
    There was a big discussion about that in another forum. They can't just whip up another one like that. 10 years to grow a clone to adulthood. In that time they have to be taught and trained. In the visual dictionary it talks about them being a precious and expensive resource to manufactur. They are not just going to let them die if at all possible. So they would need medics, and medic droids to keep the clones going.

The reason I suspect Blue = Pilot, is because it matches the Battle Droid colors. Also, the Blue one doesn't appear to have a fin ontop of his head. The fin houses the antenna/transmitter that allows the clones to keep in contact and send information to each other. The Blue ones being pilots, wouldn't need that as they don't leave the gunships or other vehicles.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Or as I theorized earlier, the blue could be the medics while the green were pilots. Because since the fins are styled after the Kaminoians (sp?) the females don't have them so since they appear to be treated differently than males (compare the costumes) then possibly the females could be stuck with the nursing and the blue being medics would have their helmets without fins to represent the nurses of the Kaminoians from them having no fin while green could be pilot even with a fin because if it the fin does house an array for communications and such the pilot would use that to stay in touch with ground commanders and be able to have more armor function for special flights. 'Course we haven't seen a helmeted green clone yet so we have no idea if he has a fin or not so it's just a toss-up right now.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"