Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What do two wrongs make? More wrongs. - Spoilers.

As I stated in another thread, I got extras of Hangar Duel Anakin and Bounty Hunter Zam for opening tonight, I also managed to grab a Zam speeder and opened that.

Zam - The only thing good about this figure is a strong magnet, the face sculpt...and the blaster as it is more accurate and less gummy than the Preview one. The gimmick definitely ruins this figure along with the posing. No matter how you pose her feet, she looks like she's suffering from a very bad case of knock-knee. Her gimmick only allows her arm to be posistioned with her sticking up someone or having the arm at her side. Some people will probably say to just stick her in the speeder and forget about her, well, you can't. You CAN lay her down in the speeder, but due to bad access and a giant cockpit, this figure can't sit-up and definitely would NEVER be able to grip the controls and reach the foot pedals. Not only is the lack of the correct articulation getting in the way here, but also her plastic skirt is keeping her from sitting up. Also, her extra face is a pain to put on her - if you can even get it on.

Anakin - This figure has it quite bad also... Granted he doesn't have the knock-knees but you wouldn't really be able to notice as you would be looking for his arm or lightsaber constantly. My advice is DO NOT take the rubber band off of his green lightsaber, definitely leave that on! I had to replace Anakin's blue saber for POTF2 Bespin Luke's saber so he could actually grip it and look good. It's difficult to find a good pose for him as he can topple over if you don't balance him right and you have to make watch the arm so it doesn't go falling to the floor. Again, you have to bend the blades just to get the out if you don't like cutting up your packages.

Zam's speeder - This thing is awesome, now we just need a pilot.
    I put it next to the LEGO Jedi Starfighter, definitely longer than the SF and cheap, not too mention the excellent detailing on the inside of the cockpit. The crash damage is better than I thought it would be, however the only complaint I have about it is the rubber; it's quite sticky for no appearant reason.

On a side note - I did see the Snowspeeder and TIE Bomber in good supply at the Wal-Mart and I was shocked by the size of the TIE Bomber.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Nothing against you, but my god all I have heard since the 23rd is complaints. I guess I'm just not as picky with my toys
    MOST POWERFUL SITH LORD ON ETERNIA!

Like Han said.. "What good's a toy if you can't play with it."
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Anakin Hangar is a really cool figure IMO, much better than the Outland Peasant one. The only problem I had with mine was the green blade constantly falling out of the metal hilt. Nothing a little rubber cement won't fix. I never thought I would hear someone complain about how hard a figure is to take out of the package. Geez, just go buy an exacto knife.

I think a lot of our opinions of these figures are based on an unrealistic expectation for them to be perfect. Hello! They cost $5.88! Maybe if we were paying much more for each one could we expect perfection.

Originally posted by bigbarada
    I think a lot of our opinions of these figures are based on an unrealistic expectation for them to be perfect. Hello! They cost $5.88! Maybe if we were paying much more for each one could we expect perfection.
    Gotta agree with you there BigB, I think everyone is expecting the figures to be perfect miniturized versions of the charecters from the movies. Not gonna happen folks, not for 5.88. And I don't hear this sort of complaining about the vintage line. Compare that line to the charecters from the movies and tell me which is more accurate. I won't even get into my support of the fun gimmicks, I don't wanna be stoned.

Oh, and if your figure's grip is loose on their saber hilt, just squeeze the hand together for a few moments. Then slip the saber in and he should be able to hold it fine, no need for the rubber bands. My Anakin is standing great without a stand, fighting with Count Dooku. And Yoda is waiting on the sidelines to come in and kick some butt. Gotta say, I love the new line. Reminds me of those fun toys I had as a kid.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 04-26-2002 at 03:57 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yeah, For $5.88 I think they are great. If I bought a brad new car, and the bumper kept falling off(Ani's arm), I'd be ****ed Figure dont bother me

That speeder IS a little strange when it comes to a figure in it, but I manage.
    MOST POWERFUL SITH LORD ON ETERNIA!

The sticky rubber on Zam's speeder is worrying though. All the dust and lint that will stick to it and never NEVER come off. Also the damage feature sticks to itself and this may be detrimental to the rubber itself. A shame because the speeder really is rather nice. Thing is though, I'm sure in the movie the speeder is accessed via the side not the front. I wonder why hasbro went the front way instead?

Moaning? Critisising? I'd rather make sure the quality doesn't slip any more than it has by vocalising concerns and pointing out production errors. how in the hell is Hasbro supposed to know where the problems lie if no-one points them out? Maybe at times it comes over as ****y and petty but all points are valid.

I know the figure wasn't oging to be perfect, that was a duh when I saw the wheel on the back on-line. It's just they've had 2 chances to put out a good Anakin, and granted HD Anakin is better than Peasant but they really should've put a little more thought into these gimmicks and such. I was just venting some frustation when I made the post, I do still feel that way about the figures, but less angry...more or less. The thing is, if you're gonna make a toy figure..it should be made to where if you grab it the arm isn't gonna fall off and go bouncining across the room.

BigB, I don't like to cut my packages, I like to be able to put the figure back in the way it was packed (or close to it, so I'll know it will fit) if I ever have to pack the figure up to move or make space.

I can see where you're coming from about the packaging even though I think you might be in the extreme minority there. The way Hasbro packages figures is intended to appease MOC collectors (as it makes the figure display better on the card) and kids (as it better advertises the play features). So think of it as a necessary evil in this current period in toy history.

I'm with JJB and BigB, I don't see what all the complaining is about. I don't think we could've expected better. Of course, that's just my opinion. You've gotta admit that the new lower price is great though! I for one expected the price to go up, not down, and this was a very pleasant surprise! Thanks Hasbro!:happy:
    By the way LtB, looks like you might've just gotten hold of a bad Anakin; mine holds his lightsaber pretty well. I'm actually shocked at how strong the magnets are. Mine has never dropped his lightsaber or his arm (even after havinf thrown all my figures into a bag together after opening them and carrying them around to show my family members!), and he's never fallen over either (I had no problem standing mine up at all, and I have him posed with both of his lightsabers held straight out in front of him!).