Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

All in all, what do you think??

I remember a few months ago the forums were ablaze with different opinions on the AOTC figures.(JJB fighting off several attacks if I remember correctly) Now most of us have our hands on these little buggers and I'm interested if opinions have changed either way. Me, I still don't have even one figure. Such is the curse of being stationed overseas. From what I've read it seems like most people are pleased with the whole deal with a few exceptions(mostly collection one figures). Which figure has suprised you? Which one disappointed you?
    As a side note, you don't know how hard it is to watch April 23 pass and still not have one single new figure. I feel like scratching my eyeballs out!!! When I finally hit the states in June, god forbid if you are in that Wal-Mart aisle with me!!
    "pork is not a verb"

Man, I really feel bad for you Is there anyway you can have them shipped there?? If so, I would not charge any more then wal-mart($5.88+tax+shipping). But I have the feeling your in the ARMY or something, so I dont guess you can get these shipped to you huh? Will if you can, and want to I will help you out.

Me? I am very happy with them!!!!!!!!! I can not believe how great the deluxe figures are alone!!!
    MOST POWERFUL SITH LORD ON ETERNIA!

I appreciate the gesture!

Thanks for the offer of help D.S.! Your offer is what makes this hobby/obsession/addiction so great! I'll be in the states the first week of June so I'll get my fill then. If I was still over here I would have taken you up on your offer. I just lost out on the experiance of APR 23. You can see pictures all day but it's not the same as walking down the aisle and rambling thru the pegs. The satisfaction of it if you know what I mean. You know patience is the WORST virtue!!!! Thanks again!

The deluxe do look pretty good to me, at least they seem Deluxe and not some lame lightsaber swinging action. Which one is the best?
    "pork is not a verb"

Luckily, I managed to avoid most of the figure pics in the days and months before the line was released.....this had two advantages: one, I didn't bother to look, because I knew I'd want some of 'em......and knowing I couldn't have them, would have been agonizing.......it also allowed me to fill in some holes in my POTF2, Episode I, and POTJ lines before this thing kicked off....

SECOND, It didn't spoil anything for me, until the Preview figures came out (of which I bought the clonetrooper, and Jango.....which is better than the other two that came out).....

so, it was advantageous to me.....

all in all, I like the line, with a few exceptions.....lots of Jedi is always cool....but add to that the fact that there's a LOT of new characters (Which is also cool), and you've got a winning combination.......although I'm not too thrilled with some of the action features (I could give or take any of them).....some are really neat, and non-intrusive.......

Kit Fisto's swinging saber is cool.....it doesn't get in the way, and there's no button or anything sticking out of his ***.....so it's cool.....

but Anakin's flywheel, for a feature that doesn't work half the time.....I'm a little miffed about......but it's still a great figure.....

although, I prefer subtle things like the snap on deflection (Which I love) on Luminara Unduli, and Shaak Ti.......
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

No problem

All four deluxe figures are worth getting.

I was in the same situation as you hairless chewie, once in Bosnia were I missed out on the entire theatrical run of the SEs and once again in Korea where I missed out on the last few waves of Ep1 figures and first few waves of POTJ (which weren't a major loss). So I understand the level of frustration. Although in Korea I decided to fill in my collection using Brian's Toys, sure they were more expensive but I was tired of getting left out of the loop. Are you permanently returning to the states in June or just going on leave? Either way I think it is best to wait as the figures should be more plentiful by then.

Yeah I agree, I think figures like Taun we, and Dooku will be easy to find by then. If not, you can always buy them from me even then for store prices.

I will admit... I gave the toys from my first glimps of them a two big thumbs down. And, well, I hate it when I'm wrong.

A few things I am not fond of, but all and all, I think they are 100 times better then the E1 run. They have silly little kid appeal but hey, they are toys. My overall favorite thing about them is the metalic looking lightsabers given to a most of the figures. I also enjoy my Taun We and Luminara Unduli very much...and not just because I managed to find them. Jango with removable helmet is also quiet fun to go <mask on, mask off, mask on...>
    "It could have been so much better!"

Saga figures are cool!

I was a bit concerned about the new line of figures when I heard about them, but when I saw that Gentle Giant Studios was doing laser scans of the actors. Now I thought these scans were going to be used for the 3&3/4 figures, so I was expecting a lot. Apparently I guess the scans are for a line of busts that are coming out.

Once that confusion was cleared up I looked at a few scans of the prototypes. I have to say I was impressed with most of the figures. I just didn't care for Anikan (Peasant Disguise). What got me upset, was the fact that the lightsaber hilt was molded into the hand, and the blade has to be pulled out. While this was a throw-back to the figures in 1977 where you had to slide the tab out to "ignite" the blade, I would of rather had a lightsaber that was detachable. It would of added to the play value of the figure...in my opinion!

I have to say the idea of having the hilts of most of the Jedi be made of metal, and implanting magnets in the hands of the Jedi to re-create "force" drawing action was a cool move! Overall, the sculpts look great, and the amount of detailing on the figures, vehicles, and accessories keeps getting better and better!

I thought the Lego sets were top notch with the nod for best set at the current time going to Jango Fett's Slave I. I haven't bought the Republic Gunship yet...but I plan on it! Back to the Slave I, I like the fact that it appears to be more in scale with the other vehicles, and is more detailed. I bought Jedi Duel, Tusken Raider Encounter and Bounty Hunter Persuit, and they are great sets as well!

All gripes aside, Saga is in my opinion the best set of STAR WARS figures yet! I finally think Hasbro is getting the idea. We don't want cheesy "chips" that allow the figures to "talk" (half the time they didn't sound right anyways), we , or at least myself, are not interested in a little paper booklet that tells about the character. I would rather pay $6.99 for a nicely sculpted figure, than $6.99 and get a brick and a lot of extra fluff!

Either way, I am still a STAR WARS Fanatic, and don't plan to change anytime soon!

Until the next time....
    MTFBWY!
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing!" - Lord Darth Vader

Originally posted by c_richards
    I was a bit concerned about the new line of figures when I heard about them, but when I saw that Gentle Giant Studios was doing laser scans of the actors. Now I thought these scans were going to be used for the 3&3/4 figures, so I was expecting a lot. Apparently I guess the scans are for a line of busts that are coming out.change anytime soon!
    Yeah, there was alot of confusion about that. The fact is you can't scan in a 6 foot tall person and make a small 4" figure of them. You will loose alot of detail reducing them down. What Hasbro did was have Gentle Giant Studios scan the actors and then have them make 3-D busts of the actor's heads and models of their bodies as well. That way the sculpters have a 3 dimension refrence to sculpt from, instead of having to use flat photographs. It has worked pretty well on some of the figures, many are alot more charecter accurate then in previous years.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.