Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I remember looking for Sidious' name in the credits and they had something silly like "??????" or "Himself" that might have changed though...

Smile

Jedi Learner is right, Chuxter. I's just a bein' silly! But, alas, I could not find the Old Forums thread. It must be in the Really Old Forums then!
    "That's what Sheev said."

Another of Sidious's lines kinda gives it away:

"I have the senate bogged down in procedures"

At least thats enough proof for me...
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    I remember looking for Sidious' name in the credits and they had something silly like "??????" or "Himself" that might have changed though...
    That was "Jabba The Hutt" who was played by "Himself"
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

From the first moment I saw Sidious I knew he was Palpatine. Why? It's the mouth!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	palppy.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	85  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by bigbarada
    From the first moment I saw Sidious I knew he was Palpatine. Why? It's the mouth!
    We already know that Ian plays them both,its just that it needs to be confirmed.

Jar jar Binks is really Achk Med-Beq
    C-3po is really Lieutenant Faytonni

See they are played by the same actor but are different people (And I believe that Palpatine is Sidious its just that we need it to be confirmed )
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Originally posted by GNT
    (And I believe that Palpatine is Sidious its just that we need it to be confirmed )
    There is already enough confirmation in the 4 star wars movies that are out now.
    Last edited by master jedi; 09-17-2001 at 06:34 PM.

Arrow

I always call these things the "Rocky" Effect. We know Rocky Balboa is going to win, because we see the movie posters with him in some victory pose. But how he wins is not known. So, how Palpatine turns into a Sith Master is unknown.

But, the crappy clones excuse is still out there. Is Palpatine really good, but Sidious clones him and creates a new Sith Apprentice to replace Maul? Does Sidious already have clones of himself, as Senator Palpatine, Emperor Palpatine, etc.? We won't know for another 8 months or so.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Given the insight that Ian McDiarmond gives into Palpatines character in the SW: Insider #53 interview, I seriously doubt that a clone is involved.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    I always call these things the "Rocky" Effect. We know Rocky Balboa is going to win, because we see the movie posters with him in some victory pose. But how he wins is not known. So, how Palpatine turns into a Sith Master is unknown.
    In TPM Palpatine is already a Sith Master and doesn't turn into one later. What I'd like to know is how he became a Sith. Either by teaching himself from old Sith records or some sort of reincarnated Sith or something like that.