Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by master jedi
    In TPM Palpatine is already a Sith Master and doesn't turn into one later. What I'd like to know is how he became a Sith. Either by teaching himself from old Sith records or some sort of reincarnated Sith or something like that.
    Darth Bane (ducks several folding chairs thrown his way) ok...ok, mail-order Sith Lord courses?

In TPM Palpatine is already a Sith Master and doesn't turn into one later. What I'd like to know is how he became a Sith. Either by teaching himself from old Sith records or some sort of reincarnated Sith or something like that.
    These questions, asked before I have...

Who was Sidious' Master? Were they living on Naboo all that time? EU suggests people enter and exit politics on Naboo at a young age and Palpatine is the odd duck (being 50ish and still involved in politics.), but he would have had to be involved from a young age, so it's unlikely he moved in from off-planet and got elected Senator. Is Sidious' plan to take over the entire galaxy his idea or have the Sith been planning it for generations, passing power they've attained from master to apprentice? I imagine the alliance between the Trade Federation and the Sith was cultivated by an earlier Sith Lord (perhaps the TF was even created by one secretly.) Do Sith Masters hand over the reins voluntarily or are they offed by their apprentices in a power battle? Vader seemed to have designs on the Throne from his dialogue with Luke in ESB. The Sith intrigue me....

He learnt from the Sith council records, I think he tought himself the poewer of the Sith!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I just thought of something that might be the answer to this question.
    Since the next SW movie is dealing with clones then maybe it'll be revealed that Palpatine/Sidious is an advanced clone of a Sith. He could have been a test clone years before AotC.

It's just a thought.

Talking

"Either by teaching himself from old Sith records..."
    33 1/3 or 45 rpm?
    Just like Death to Disco Night in Comisky Park in the late '70s or '80s, I wonder if Sith records were smashed so their inner secrets could not be deciphered.

P.S. By the way, a record is kinda like a compact disc, but it's black, thin, with grooves in it, and you'd have to flip it over to hear the other side.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I htink we all know what records are and no duh you have to turn them OVER to listen to the OTHER SIDE.

We old folks can never be too sure about you kids nowadays. Especially with the public education system as shameful as it is now.

I htink we all know what records are and no duh you have to turn them OVER to listen to the OTHER SIDE.

If you play they backwords you can hear an OLD man on the toilet
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Originally posted by bigbarada
    We old folks can never be too sure about you kids nowadays. Especially with the public education system as shameful as it is now.
    Yeah public education does suck. That's why I homeschool.

Lightbulb

Master Jedi, homeschooling denies you the public school experience. Think about it; you'll lose out on...

hazing
    bullies
    peer pressure
    sports rallies
    awkward but expensive school dances
    cheerleaders
    gum under the desks
    clogged bathrooms
    unintelligible speaker announcements
    class elections
    lockers jamming
    being jammed in a locker
    guidance counselors

See? You gotta go to "regular" ( ) school! Be psychologically damaged like the rest of us! Or is that "we"? Uh, I dunno; I done have'd bad gramer learners in skul.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."