Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Homeschooling, huh? We'll at least you spell about 100 times better than all the other home schoolers I've seen.

I agree with BCJ, if we all had to go through it, then so do you! Looks like we'll have to start harrassing you more in these forums. You can never have too much emotional baggage!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I went to public school from Kindergarten through the 8th grade and homeschooled since I was a freshman. One of the reasons I started to homeschool is that the public school where I live the teachers don't know anything. The year after I left there started to be gun threats and a lot of drug usage in the school where I live.

Not to bash on public schools (okay, to bash on public schools!), but last night my girlfriend--who teaches high school seniors--started laughing while grading papers.

Apparently she'd happened upon a little-known fact: "Martin Luther-King [sic] was the first African-american [sic] president."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Wink

Chuxter, you could start a thread to rival that (cough) other (ahem) thread (wink, wink) that (nudge, nudge) some posters here created, if it was devoted to HS incorrect test answers! Hmm...

My funniest answer so far (this year) has been: Define 'the bandwagon effect.' Answer - politicians. That was all they put. (Yeah, it's not really funny)
    "That's what Sheev said."

I miss Kindergarten. Man was that fun...I had a Pac-Man floor, and blocks, and I got to color, and go home early! Weeeee!

Now I'm a senior in High School...I get essays, and stuck up people who sit around me, and I have to pay for lunch. Now if only High School could incorporate the Pac-Man floor I'd be happy.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

And we're not all that stupid...okay a good 96% of high schoolers ARE that stupid...what can I say? I witness it everyday
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Hey, I'm a product of the public school system myself. However, most everthing I learned about history and science I taught myself. Literature was also undertaught. In fact the first time I even heard of "The Telltale Heart", by Edgar Allen Poe, was on that episode of The Simpsons where Lisa makes a school project about it. I spent the last few years trying to catch myself up on many of the classics.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    Not to bash on public schools (okay, to bash on public schools!), but last night my girlfriend--who teaches high school seniors--started laughing while grading papers.

Apparently she'd happened upon a little-known fact: "Martin Luther-King [sic] was the first African-american [sic] president."
    I sure hope you're not serious. If you are, what kind of morons does she teach?

Here in Los Angeles, I found that school up till Jr High was educational, but once I got to High School, it was a waste of my time. I was in all the advanced classes (except for Math, since I refused to homework the year before and got by on my test scores, except that year's math teacher who refused to give me a C or above even though I never got less than 95% on tests) but there were simply too many students per teacher which lead to far too little teaching ability to go around which lead to too much non-classroom work (like, you already have me captured from 7am till 4pm not counting transit times, but you want the rest of my time AS WELL?!?!?!?) and so I simply opted to graduate 2 years early thanks to a state version of the GED, told them to save their resources for the other kids.

You know what's really sad? I actually did learn in High School... in the non-advanced math class! How sad was that? The only class where the teacher actually wanted to teach IN the classroom... Lame lame lame.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    like, you already have me captured from 7am till 4pm not counting transit times
    I feel sorry for you 'cause I went from 8:30AM to 3:15PM when I went to public school.