Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Ugh, it was even worse for me MJ, I had to get up before 6am to take a bus WAAAAAY out of my way just to connect to a 2nd bus which didn't even start for another 30 mins. The worst part was, I lived about 3 miles closer to my school than that stupid bus trip's furthest point, so I'd ride out away from my school like 3 miles just to connect with the bus that took me towards my school. That was the friggin' worst, get up at 5:45am, do school till 4pm, then take another hour+ trip back home and they expected me to get 3+ hours of homework done as well?!?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Nope, got a job instead. The plan was to go straight on to college, but paying for it became impossible at that time.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hmmm, much as I'm the man about town, I don't have a perfect international vocabulary, could someone please explain hazing to me? I am intrigued as I have seen several references to it recently with no explanation as to what it entails, if indeed it entails anything at all. Oh, and I didn't go to school much. that's why I was sent to a reform centre for seriously deranged kids and psycopathic morons. They didn't have guns but a fork in the hands of a loony is a formiddable weaponindeed. As is a full pot of scalding hot tea and a tray of currant scones. but that's another story....
    the hazing question was serious by the way.

Hazing is similar to an initiation ritual, where the new guy is made fun of, humiliated, caused great pain and generally tortured in order to be accepted by the group doing the torturing. These people willingly submit to this to prevent from being an outcast.
    The idea behind it, I guess, is that if this person is willing to endure this treatment then he/she is "cool" enough to be accepted into the group. Pure idiocy is what it really is.

Originally posted by bigbarada
    Hazing is similar to an initiation ritual, where the new guy is made fun of, humiliated, caused great pain and generally tortured in order to be accepted by the group doing the torturing. These people willingly submit to this to prevent from being an outcast.
    The idea behind it, I guess, is that if this person is willing to endure this treatment then he/she is "cool" enough to be accepted into the group. Pure idiocy is what it really is.
    Now where have I heard something like that before?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Hey Jargo, I thought the UK invented hazing in the higher education establishments with upper-classmen doing unspeakable acts to lower-classmen, who eventually went on to become upper-classmen themselves and visited the same tortures upon their lower-classmen. I'd hate to be a freshman in THAT school!

Wink

I hope this doesn't reduce anyone's opinion of me (as if anyone here at SSG has an opinion of me), but in junior high school, I was hazed by those who got hazed. If there was any way to be below the bottom feeders, I did it somehow!

P.S. I became more confident over time, but to this day, you still can't insult me better than I can do it myself! Ah, adolescence...
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

We should haze Chux for posting such silly EU theories...come on Chux, GNT was so right about you.

damn, this is only almost 5 years old, I cant imagine the boredom you faced finding this thread.
    Order66

excellent traders; Val Da Car, Dark Marble, Commtech and info from KidHuman
    Looking for: Master Replicas Darth Maul .45 scale full lightsaber & a 12" Grievous