Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by SWAFMAN
    from ManCan:

ManCan, that's cool. I'm pretty sure his daughter was in some classes with me at North Hollywood High School in the late '70s. I don't remember her first name, but I think she hung out with this other girl whose last name was Voorhees (Lisa or Linda??).
    I've only met his daughter once (assuming he only has one, I don't know for sure) and it was just in passing. Funny thing, Billy was a little person as was his wife and the daughter (I think she also married a little person). However, his son is of normal stature, so you'd never guess they were related.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Thumbs up ucb? mr. show? get a life?

time to crown chewie the winner of the first-ever VT Special Prize For The SSG Forummer w/the Best Comedic Taste i can't really tell much diff between parker & stone though, so feel free to elaborate about their disparate merits
    walsh always reminded me of a stoner pal i went to highschool with- that is, till we both dropped out
    curry reminds me of another category: Flamin Dishers- & there's so many i know i'm gonna forget some: john waters, alan cumming, nathan lane, quentin crisp and kidsinthehall's scott thompson :happy:
    anyone else hate mary steamroller, i mean steenburgen? poor ted danson seems so completely p-whipped by her, she's a sour succubus glommin off his glamour
    vt
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 05-02-2002 at 09:38 AM.

Re: ucb? mr. show? get a life?

Originally posted by vulcantouch
    [B]time to crown chewie the winner of the first-ever VT Special Prize For The SSG Forummer w/the Best Comedic Taste i can't really tell much diff between parker & stone though, so feel free to elaborate about their disparate merits
    Heheh. 10 Q. Yeah. I love sketch comedy and pretty much any comedy that isn't the norm and twisted.

As for Trey & Matt.... I diss Matt Stone because everything that Matt Stone has been famous for, is a Trey Parker creation. Trey created/animated the South Park characters. Matt was simply a voice in them. Trey also was the one who risked his college degree to do the movie, "Cannibal: The Musical". Which of course, he did get kicked out of college for (for missing too many classes while filming the movie). Matt Stone has either appeared or voiced characters in just about everything that Trey has done, but has never been the mastermind behind any of it. He helps write stuff at times, though. Matt, IMO, is basically just Trey's bestest bud (or lover, who knows?) and he has ridden on Trey's success about as good as anybody can. He certainly is creative, but when it comes right down to it, Matt would never be where he is if it wasn't for Trey going out and creating the success to begin with. I'm assuming Trey would deny such allegations and say Matt was integral to everything he's done, but of course, Trey would be lying!

Here's a list of the stars who's work I have enjoyed, and would like to meet (and someday maybe work with):
    Gary Oldman (a MASTER! he can play ANY part!)
    Sir Anthony Hopkins (another MASTER!)
    Terence Stamp (one of the coolest, and a MASTER!)
    Kevin Spacey (genius...when he picks the right parts.)
    William Hurt (THE most underrated, and often most under-utilized talent in Hollywood)
    Jeremy Irons (let's get this guy some better parts already! He's well worth it; shining in even the poorest excuse for a film!)
    SIr Ian McKellen (what can I say?)
    Natalie Portman (what fanboy wouldn't like a few moments with her?)
    Bruce Campbell (Hail to the King...)
    Samuel L. Jackson (hardest working man in show business! Probably THE coolest!)
    Rene Russo (I want to meet her just so I can ask her about the fountain of youth...she's sexier than most women half her age!)
    Danny Devito
    Jude Law (he's got one HELL of a brilliant career ahead of him!)
    Viggo Mortensen (he's got to be Sam Jackson's stand-in for coolest! I'm betting on his star rising MUCH higher)
    Ewan McGregor (c'mon!)
    Bruce Willis (now that I think of him, maybe Sam Jackson shares the throne...)
    Kevin Smith (I don't even know the guy and I want to make him my best friend!)
    Connie Nielsen (one of the most beautiful, sexiest women in the biz!)
    Jennifer Connely (had a crush on her since Labyrinth)
    Oded Fehr (one of Sam Jackson's right hand men in the court of cool. He should have a great career ahead of him too...)
    Arnold Vosloo (whether you liked the Mummy films or not...you have to admit this guy's got style. I think he can become a major name if he chooses his parts wisely...)
    Robert Deniro (if Jackson and Willis are the Kings, he's the EMPEROR!)
    Al Pacino
    Edward Norton (is there no end to this guys talent?)
    Brad Pitt (more talented than a lot of people are willing to give him credit for)
    Johnny Depp (if we ever see the end of Norton's talent, Mr. Depp's will still go far beyond)
    Mel Gibson (he's BRAVEHEART! BRAVE...FREAKIN"...HEART!)
    Liam Neeson (more talented, I believe, than we've yet seen)
    Val Kilmer (talented when he can find the right parts...and when he can find a crew willing to work with him. Plus, I look forward to the opportunity to take him down a notch!)
    Robert Redford (shared an office with him once! Maybe I'll tell you all about it sometime. THE LEGEND)
    Paul Newman (THE OTHER LEGEND...and my favorite legend!)
    Denzel Washington (he speaks with such conviction that I'd believe anything he says. He might not have deserved the Oscar for Training Day, but he has certainly deserved one for a LONG time!)
    Salma Hayek (you guys thinking what I'm thinking? )
    Antonio Banderas (another in the court of cool. Can't wait until "Once Upon a Time in Mexico"!)
    Jackie Chan (a MASTER of a different sort)
    Lawrence Fishburn (very worthy of some recognition in my book)
    Steve Buscemi (who wouldn't want to meet and/ or work with this guy?)

...this list could get REALLY long! I'd better stop.:happy:

Thumbs up macgregor's got great taste in flix, i really dig several he's been in

yeah, russo's cool yeah, kilmer's cool (iceman was always cooler than maverick ), albeit a bit flaky; as with russell crowe, i find fan expectations for him to be "likeable" or down2earth silly anyone else like val's little brother jason hervey (aka the bully older brother in Wonder Years)?
    gotta include tony daniels in any list of fave flamin dishers also thought of some more classic goofballs: norm macdonald, billy connolly & louis c.k. also a few hard2categorize weirdos: vince vaughn, hunter thompson, david lynch &, as marlo thomas referred to him in Real Blonde, "snoopy dogg dogg" (let's face it, spliffin can't account for All his uncanny charizzma )
    vt
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 05-06-2002 at 10:38 AM.

Red face gee, That post certainly drummed up scads o conversation, Didn't It?

oh well, undaunted i press on with my mission of designating who Really deserves A-list celeb status
    thought of a few more supercool femme wits: Just Shoot Me's wendy malick, sarah silverman (a reluctant but heroic freedom-of-expression champ who deftly took on humorless asian anti-defamation organizations when they reflexively condemned her choice of jokey-joke ) and snl's tina fey
    saw peter o'toole's hour-long charlie rose interview last night and even though he's gotten a touch batty in his old age, he's still The Man christian slater's cool too cuz guess what, he's one of us! he's been a toy-collectin sweek for over a decade
    but someone please throw carson daly down a reactor shaft, he's such an insufferable tool, Who's With Me!!!! and richard gere seems as creepy & cosseted as ever, judging from his recent letterman appearance
    vt

Carson Daly is a total TOOL.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Thumbs up damn Straight he's a Tool, & a smug, fatuous fratboy to boot

c'mon, doesn't anyone besides me & qld have righteous loathing for carson dildy?
    roo: maybe mckellen might fit nicely into my flamin dishers category ever see spacey in Hurlyburly, or Seven, Usual Suspects, or Big Kahuna (w/devito)? how bout stamp in The Limey? or banderas in Tie Me Up Tie Me Down? or buscemi in Trees Lounge (which he also wrote & directed)? or newman in Hudsucker Proxy? btw, many of these flix i've Humped over at the Hump (btw, my Requiem For A Dream review there features remarks on jconnelly, so hope to see you there, ya Hump )
    campbell wasn't that guy who played Outrageous Okona in the crappy st:tng ep of the same name, was he?
    vt
    Last edited by vulcantouch; 05-11-2002 at 05:50 PM.

Dunno who his Carson is, but I'd like to throw in a Pete Postlethwaite. Love his choices - except the awful gamekeeper/trapper role he played in JP2.

and richard gere seems as creepy & cosseted as ever, judging from his recent letterman appearance
    That's a shame. I've never ever liked RG but was pleased with his no-cheez potrayal of John Keel in The Mothman Prophecies.

jeddah

Re: damn Straight he's a Tool, & a smug, fatuous fratboy to boot

Originally posted by vulcantouch
    c'mon, doesn't anyone besides me & qld have righteous loathing for carson dildy?
    roo: maybe mckellen might fit nicely into my flamin dishers category ever see spacey in Hurlyburly, or Seven, Usual Suspects, or Big Kahuna (w/devito)? how bout stamp in The Limey? or banderas in Tie Me Up Tie Me Down? or buscemi in Trees Lounge (which he also wrote & directed)? or newman in Hudsucker Proxy? btw, many of these flix i've Humped over at the Hump (btw, my Requiem For A Dream review there features remarks on jconnelly, so hope to see you there, ya Hump )
    campbell wasn't that guy who played Outrageous Okona in the crappy st:tng ep of the same name, was he?
    vt
    Yes, I've seen each of those films. You might also want to check out another great Kevin Spacey performance in Swimming With Sharks, also starring Frank Whaley Jr. whom I'm always amused by!