Thread: Sandman

Sandman

Just wondering, are any of you fans of the Sandman comics? My friend Dylan leant me one of the collections and I must say, they are excellent. They're unlike anything I've seen before. I haven't read that much though.
    http://www.geocities.com/madscientist2787

I love the Sandman comic novels!! IMO it is one of the best comic novels out there. Which one are you reading? I picked up "Brief Lives" and so far its excellent. I really love the Endless, (in order of age) Destiny, Death, Dream, Destruction, Desire, Despair, and Delirium. I strongly suggest you pick up the Death mini series from DC comics(i think). Its a really good 4 part look at sister Death. I also think that these stories could never have been as sucessful as a written novel. The whole look of the comic art is what really makes it good.

On a side note, if you can find it I also suggest reading "Kingdom Come" by Mark Waid and Alex Ross from DC comics. It is a look on the DC universe if Superman left and the "Children" of other super hero's were left unchecked. The art in that story is increadible as well!
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

NeilGaiman is my very favorite author. I'm always glad to hear that someone new has discovered Sandman!
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?