Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Am I alone in thinking Taun We is a MAJOR Rip-Off?

Bah... curse my collecting ways! I can't believe I spent 6 bucks on Taun We, just because I'm trying to make a complete set. Sure, it's a unique character and all--but it's SO friggin' skinny and cheaply made. Plus, it comes with the lamest accessory of all--it doesn't even look a little bit cool.

Hasbro just didn't put any effort into this one, which is a shame, since it's so slim and probably only costed a quarter to make. This figure should have been a pack-in with someone else. Thumbs down, Hasbro.

She/he should be taller, and a clone should be in the chamber.

Gasgano was like that too......but at least he came with a pit droid.....
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

Yeah she should be a little taller, but I love the figure. Nice sculpt, good detailing. And I love the digitigrade legs. That's sweet to see on a new Star Wars charecter. I like her alot, but hopefully we get Lama Su and Ko Sai sometime, so Taun doesn't have to be the only one for Kamino dioramas.

We also need a Jango Fett figure in just his P.J.'s, from the Kamino Apartment meeting between Obi and Jango. Plus a few clone kids with their learning helmets, and some CloneTroopers in their red training outfits. I love all things Kamino!!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 04-27-2002 at 01:00 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Nah, we need another Jango like we need a hole in the head......

make unproduced characters.....I'm sick of variations of characters who wear the same damn thing through the entire movie.......

or, if we get another Jango, it's only fair that they do another Luke Tatooine.....

The size does concern, not particularly the height, but the fact that they really did shrink her down featurewise. Everything seems smaller, from the face, to her width.

It seems they made her with the bubble dimentions in mind, but knee articulation could have given this figure a chance to be done right. I mean...look at a movie clip. Try to do a scene with the toys, and Taun is going to look a little...inadequate.

I might get a few Taun figures to customize into Kaminoan mentors (as seen in the Clone Trooper TV spot), but this won't do it for the character itself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	taun scale.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	1556  
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Jango doesn't wear the same thing in that scene. He's wearing a blue Pajama suit, similar to what the Boba Fett figure is dressed in. We also need a Jango with his pilot's headset for the Slave 1. And a Jango w/ Poncho from Dooku's Geonosian Arena Skybox.

Oh, and we are getting another Luke: Tatooine. He comes with the 25th Anniversary Landspeeder from TRU later this year. Ask and yee shall recieve. Hopefully this Luke will have his darn poncho. That's the only version of that charecter we still need.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

And yet here...her and the Tusken Mother are the HTF ones.

She should've at least come with a console or something for her to interact with.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

...so much for Tusken Raider woman being a pegwarmer!
    Anakin - "Do you call this a diplomatic solution?"
    Padme - "I call it aggressive negotiations!"

I found over a dozen of her, at my TRU and Wal-Mart