Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why did we hafta wait so long......

For a Vader with a removable helmet...

and we get a RH Jango right out the door????

I hate the Fetts......
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

I'd quite like some Imperials with removable helmets. Stormies, Biker scouts, tie pilots, Death star gunners, At-At drivers, AT-ST drivers. Just because they're baddies doesn't mean we don't want to see their faces. It would also allow me to do that Imperial helmet xylophone for my ewoks that I always wanted.

It'd just be cool to get some Imperials as well as rebels with removable helmets. Come to think of it they should all have removable helmets anyway. As long as they aren't squishy crappy plastic like the helmet that came with young Boba Fett I don't mind.:happy:

Umm, Taichi, how are we supposed to answer that question?

Maybe it's because Jango removes his helmet more than once in the entire Star Wars series. Too bad he can't remove his helmet in Episode III . . .
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Taichi, it's because of the designs of the helmets. Jango's helmet is a simple over-the-head helmet, but Vader's helmet is a multi-part deal that goes over, in front of, and beneath. It's much more complicated.

Plus, if you look at the Jango Kamino figure's helmet, you'll see it's too long, so it's not like Hasbro did a fantastic job there.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Actually, the REAL reason is that Toy Technology is a wee bit more advanced than it was WAYYYYYYYYYYYY back in the 80s which was the first time any of us even thought of getting Vader without his helmet.

They did Leia Boushh and Lando w/ removable helmets back then, I bet Kenner could have pulled this off with only a little alteration of the form of the helmet.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thing with removable helmets is that way back, they used much more rigid and brittle molding materials which meant that sculpts on helmets had to be quite thick. This meant smaller heads on figures which looked weird. By the time they got to ROTJ the materials had improved so the helmets improved but adding more items increases the cost of the figure due to extra molds and factory tooling.

These days they use more flexible finer molding materials which is why they can get the detail into the sculpts and make much finer and thinner helmets and accessories. But it still pushes cost up due to factory molds and tooling etc. However, seeing as most characters don't use weapons or just have a single blaster, it would make more sense to give them a removable helmet instead of a saber slashing action or leapfrog acion or electro blue gummy stuff. Wouldn't cost any more because if they're prepared to spend the money making a mold for electro blue gummy stuff, they can just as easily spend the money on something useful that is just as good in terms of play or display. And more movie accurate. Instead of giving Han Solo Endor raid the silly quick draw action, they could have spent the money to give him a removable AT-ST driver helmet so you could recreate that part of the movie. See what I'm saying?

AT-ST Driver helmet? It's been a little while since I've seen ROTJ, but I don't remember him having one?
    Luke:"Master Yoda you can't die!"

Yoda:"Watch Me!"

Of course AT-ST pilot dons a helmet. Its similar (if not the same) with Gen Veers (AT-AT commander).
    About removable helmets to make Ewoks musical piece, we can use that of POTF2 Luke Stormy disguise or a more expensive note, the Han Stormy exclusives. Then there are also the Death Star Escape Cinema Scenes to be content with.

Oh how I wish I can get my hands on a removable helmet Royal Guard - not that "it" has ever removed their helmets ever

Unless I read it wrong I think Jargo is saying that Han had a AT-ST helmet:

Instead of giving Han Solo Endor raid the silly quick draw action, they could have spent the money to give him a removable AT-ST driver helmet
    I dont remember that either???

***edit: Darth Vader ----> *** I think they have already made one with a removeable helmet havnt they?? It was in the POTF line.......
    Last edited by BanthaPoodoo; 04-29-2002 at 11:57 AM.