Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why didn'r Qui-Gon disappear?

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but why didn't Qui0Gon disappear when he died?

Obi-Wan did.
    Yoda did.
    Vader did. I always assumed what Luke was burning was the mechanical remains of Vader's body.

Why didn't Qui-Gon? Something to do with his defiance to the council?

Any ideas?
    "Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

Vader didn't disappear. If he did we would have seen his head disappear.

I think why Qui-Gon and Vader didn't disappear was that their deaths were unexpected.

Vader didn't disappear. If he did we would have seen his head disappear.

I think why Qui-Gon and Vader didn't disappear was that their deaths were unexpected. Yoda and OB1 disappeared because they gave up their lives.

oops! sorry for the 2 posts. I guess i accidentally hit the post button before i finished and hit it again when i did.

According to other info in novels, Yoda and Obi Wan knew they were going to do die. And they prepared themselves to "give themselves up to the force" That is why Obi Wan said I will become more powerful than you can imagine because he knew what would happen. Qui-Gonn didn't do this probably his defiance didn't grant him this reward. He was wan't disiplined enough.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

But, Vader did return to the Force as we saw at the end of Jedi.
    "Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

I heard somewhere that Vader/Anakin DID dissapear when he died, it just wasn't shown on camera.
    As for why Qui-Gon didn't dissapear, that is one of the biggest questions a Star Wars fan can ask, and we have been told that the answer would be in the next two movies. So we'll have to wait untill 2005 to find out.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Yeah, Obi-Wan even goes into a meditative state before Vader slices him in half. As for Yoda, he also was at a relaxed state when he died, more at calm and peace with the force. Qui-Gon was busy fighting Maul, when the mortal blow was dealt. Plus he used his last breaths to tell Obi-Wan to take care and train Anakin. It was more important for him to make sure Anakin was trained, then to try to meditate before his death. But like Vader, I am sure he could manifest in spirit form after his corpse was burned, allowing his spirit free from his body. Whether he ever does, depends on Lucas.

There is also the fact that Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin only manifest due to the fact there was somthing they left unfinished while they were alive. Obi-Wan's training of Luke, Yoda seeing his final student become a Jedi Knight, and Anakin seeing his son and daughter once last time, without the aid of mechancial suit. All in all, it's really not important if Qui-gon ever appears in spirit form. Obi-Wan obeyed his wishes, and Anakin was trained. Plus his death was vital to E2's as well as the whole Saga's storyline.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I think Qui Gon was a bit of a loose cannon with different ideas about the Jedi and the force. He was always going on about the "the living force" and "midichlorians" Nobody ever mentioned midichlorians or the living force before (or after). So I think maybe Qui Gon refused to "dissappear" when he died because of his morals.

Another thing to remember is that Anakin, Obi Wan and Yoda are just apparitions to LUKE. He's the only one that can see them. So maybe he was eating shrooms or something and NONE of the Jedi dissappear when they die.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Qui-Gon was pretty much the hippie version of a jedi. Always against authority and the regulations of the order. It could very well be that he left his body like most of the universe's population just to continue going against the jedi conduct even at the end. Of course, AotC may show something entirely different happening. And as has been said before, Obi-Wan and Yoda may be the only ones who knew how to disappear.