Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Are Original trilogy Characters appearances in AOTC Necessary?

Are characters just being added for the hell of it? Can their introduction in the Original trilogy not be enough?

Example: R2 & Threepio in Menace. I actually liked R2's introduction but didn't care for Threepio's. Having Anakin build Threepio was a little much. I still say he didn't "create" Threepio. He just rebuilt him like you do a car.

And now we have Jango and Boba Fett. Is this George's way of showing us what Boba Fett could have been? Is Boba Fett that important to this story?

Should we see a young Han Solo and/or his father in EIII? A young Lando? How about a baby Bosskk?

I could acctualy see a cameo of Chewbacca as an Imperial slave toward the end.
    "Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

The story was always intended to be told from the point of view of R2-D2 and C-3PO. They just had to get away from that aspect in E1, so that they could introduce both of them. There was talk of what Lucas planned for Episode 7,8,9 and the talk was the last shot of Episode 9 would show the whole story was being told by C-3PO and R2-D2. Similar to what C-3PO was doing in that little spot before ESB's showing on TV Thursday.

That was why in ANH C-3PO tells Luke that he's not one for telling stores. Or at making them intresting anyway. But in ROTJ he's showing how much he has grown and learned in the few years, by telling the tale of the rebellion to the Ewoks. Sadly Lucas has said that the final trilogy will most likely never be made now.

As for Boba, I am guessing he is a pretty important person to the story, from his part in E2, and suspected part in E3. We'll get to see his early hate for the Jedi's in E2. And that he seems to have feelings for Padme. I am betting it's those feelings for her that will end up with her going into hiding, and everyone thinking she is dead. I think Boba is going to end up letting her go, when he runs into her fleeing Coruscant. He'll most likely tell Vader that he disintegrated her fleeing ship, and he thinks she's dead.

As for Han, he's not majorly important to the prequels. Though as Tycho has theroized, he may pop up. But the Empire didn't enslave Wookies until the time period between E3 and E4, so I don't think Chewbacca will appear either. Though again, it's all depends on what Lucas decides.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Han?! In the Prequels?! Gosh I hope not... His introduction in ANH was enough, doesn't everybody think? I mean... He obviously doesn't know anything about Obi-Wan or Anakin Skywalker or ANYTHING before he meets Ben and Luke in the Cantina, right? He's just a regular smuggler with no love for the Empire but no interest in the Rebellion, either. Han is completely blind to what's happening when he's introduced in IV. Bringing Han in would be a HUGE mistake.

Cameos of people (as in, seeing a five year old walking around Dexter's diner with a black vest, white shirt and blue pants w/Corellian bloodstripe) are good, seeing a few familar folks in the background oblivious to what's happening is fun. But pre-introduction to introductions are just silly. Does everybody see what I'm saying about Han?

Also...

I'd like to see Corellia in Episode III.

Probably not Corellia, but Alderaan is one of the planets that is rumored to make an apperance in Episode III.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I've never been able to stomach the appearance of C-3P0 and R2 in Ep1, it just seemed a completely unnecessary link to the original trilogy. As for the movies being revisited from the droid's POV, George said in his Ep1 commentary that while that was the case for IV - VI, he said that Ep1 is told through the eyes of the Jedi. He also said that he just got a kick out of featuring R2 and Threepio in the new movies.

Yes, there are far too many incredible circumstances in the enormous SW universe to have so many characters be related to one another in some fashion. Showing the origins of OT characters is also highly unecessary for plot advancement.

Despite his trillions of $, Lucas is a cheap ***$. In AOTC George is recycling his mask collection like you wouldn't believe. If he ever used it previously, you'll see it here dusted and polished with a new name!

Originally posted by gibbyhayes
    Despite his trillions of $, Lucas is a cheap ***$. In AOTC George is recycling his mask collection like you wouldn't believe. If he ever used it previously, you'll see it here dusted and polished with a new name!
    Oh? And that's why he spent his own money to make Episode I, and is doing the same thing for EII. And saying they are re-using masks from the OT is just silly. Half of those masks are deteriating beyond belief and have to be stored properly so they don't disintigrate. All of the masks you see in the movie are new versions based off the original masks. They have been totally redesigned and are of more lightweight materials so the actors movements under the mask translate thru it to their performances. Nice to see that you would consider someone that could have said..."Screw the Prequels, I don't have to spend my vast fortune to make people happy. "... cheap.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The introduction of all the main characters is getting to be a little lame. I for one did not want Boba Fett to be in AOTC because I always liked his past as a secret. Now we get to find out that he is a clone and that his "dad" is the one producing them in order to start a war. First of all, I don't think that this is the sort of work a BOUNTY HUNTER should be doing. Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of the Bounty Hunter. I always thought that a bounty hunter was someone who tracked down people or objects for a reward, but obviously I was wrong.

The introduction of C-3P0 was stupid in TPM. Anakin builds him, yet in the OT we never get a connection between the droid and Vader. The whole thing makes no sense what so ever. R2-D2 was a little far fetched as well. He just happened to be on the Queen's starship? Whatever, way too convenient writing for my liking.

Jabba in TPM was just thrown in for OT recognition as well. There was no need for him to be in it.

I hope and pray that we won't see Han, Chewbacca, or Lando in EP III.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."