Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Vader knocks the gun down

Does anybody know why Darth Vader stops Boba Fett from shooting Chewie at Cloud City ? I mean , all Vader wanted was Luke . Shooting Chewie wouldn't have stopped that . I just want to know why he knocked the gun down and prevented Chewie from being shot . Well?
    Get over here Leia , and stop making out with your brother !

Thanks to Ep1, many think it's because Threepio was on his back. However, given how common protocol droids are in SW, I highly doubt it. Besides the idea of Anakin building Threepio wasn't known until Ep1 so a different motivation must have been conceived while making ESB.

I've always thought that Vader just wanted to see Chewie and Leia suffer at the sight of Han being frozen. Only someone consumed by evil would delight at someone elses suffering. Or maybe he had other plans for them once he took them off of Bespin.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

This is another one of many scenes that are left up to our own interpretation. And I'm in 100% agreement with bigbarada with my own interpretation.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Vader's new respirator wasn't quite up to speed at the time of TESB. That's why he had to spend time in the Meditation Chamber on the Executor.

Anyway, everyone knows how allergic Sith Lords are to Wookiee fur. Had Fett blasted Chewie, the flying fur would've asphixiated Vader in moments. It was much better to leave Chewie's carcass intact, yet still a comfortable distance from the Dark Lord.

Now you know why Vader never spent any other screen time with the Wookiee. Even his daughter remarked at how foul it was to be in the "big walking carpet's" presence. She probably suffers from the same allergies.

Later on, Vader tells Lando he's taking the princess and Wookiee with him, so he must plan on using them in the future.

Originally posted by Caesar
    Later on, Vader tells Lando he's taking the princess and Wookiee with him, so he must plan on using them in the future.
    Exactly! This is exactly what it is dangit! These people aren't just bait to be used to capture Luke, they're also Rebel Alliance heroes and high-ranking officials that have information that may prove very useful to the Empire even after Luke is dead or converted, they can be held for ransom, they can even be brainwashed and used as morale-killers against the rebellion.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have to go with JT on this one.It makes more sense to use the others as examples to bring down the morale, or he needed a new rug for chamber"sorry chewie"
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

This specific instance really says alot about Vader and Lando. Vader has the whole scheme planned, and he clearly knows in advance that he is taking Leia and Chewie.

But when arriving on Bespin, Vader manipulates Lando instead of just taking over. Vader lets this gambler think that he has bargaining power, when in fact Vader holds every card.

I just love it because it shows Vader as a "thinking man's" villain, and not just some brute. And it does so much for the Calrissian character too.

Thats why I think that Vader RULES!He can do so much without having to lift a [finger]
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Right on Caesar!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.