r2-d2 aotc variation ep2

hi i have a few statements as well as questions about this figure

i have three diffrent versions of this figure and i am sure the one with the back ground insert and the solid circle leg is the first one and is the true variation not the version with the rt-37 legs because the one with the insert was made first.and everyone selling them on ebay says it the one with the rt-37 legs.anyone else have anythig to add or that can clear things up chime in

thanks joe

All the in-depth reports I've read indicate that the solid legs were the first to roll off the line.

I wouldn't worry too much about those idiots on ebay, those are the same people that claimed (and in some cases still do) that the Yoda without Episode 1 logo is a RARE VARIATION, and worth a mint.

Hahahahahaha!!!!!

IDIOTS!
    May the force be with you.

Re: r2-d2 aotc variation ep2

Originally posted by trooper09
    hi i have a few statements as well as questions about this figure

i have three diffrent versions of this figure and i am sure the one with the back ground insert and the solid circle leg is the first one and is the true variation not the version with the rt-37 legs because the one with the insert was made first.and everyone selling them on ebay says it the one with the rt-37 legs.anyone else have anythig to add or that can clear things up chime in

thanks joe
    I have two of the three variations known so far to exist. The first was the dome leg version with a background.

Then Hasbro decided to ditch the background so the dome version can also be found without a background.

Since there have been no reports of the spoke version with a background we assume that the spoke version came after the dome variation. I could check my date stamps on the cards, but I'm really too tired to do it right now.

I hope this helps.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I have both the dome and star versions. The dome one's date says 20211 and the star one's date says 20451. So my dome one was made 24 days before the star one.

I'm actually confused on why people say the star one is hard to find (not only on ebay...ive heard it on this site before). All I can find is the star one. I just happened across 3 of the dome version and grabbed one. Havent seen em since that day.
    Last edited by CooLJoE; 04-28-2002 at 04:55 PM.

They are both pretty easy to find around here.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

i have seen the leg variation on r2, but they had tons of them so i can wait till next week..............................................
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

r2d2 variations

I agree - the "spoked" wheel versions are more like older orange and green card version r2d2's I have - the round silver circle looks like something new....different. Still looking at all the differences.

r2d2 correction:

I take it back. Earlier today I went looking through some orange card figures for something else and found an r2d2 with the spoke wheels. The two loose figures I have right here (both 1995) have the round silver caps (no spokes).
    The round silver cap r2 that I picked up has date stamp 20281.
    A 12 inch version of r2d2 has spokes.....
    Hasbro is having a little bit too much fun with us.....
    I think they just ran out of one type of leg for him and put another on.
    Now somebody's got to find one with one of each leg type!