Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anakin's Speeder Question

Anyone been able to fit an Anakin in here? Which figures fit in it??

Anakin Hanger Duel. But he can't hold the controls, and he's staring off into space above him, instead of sitting up and looking straight ahead.

He and Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan both fit in the speeder, but if you display it pointing (slightly) nose down, it will look like they're flying it and not at a Drive-In movie theater.

Originally posted by Tycho
    He and Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan both fit in the speeder, but if you display it pointing (slightly) nose down, it will look like they're flying it and not at a Drive-In movie theater.
    How did you get them to fit Tycho? I can get one or the other to fit (although neither of their legs go properly into the slots, they have to straddle the gearshift) but not both. It really bugs me to because I like the speeder a lot but that was a really big oversite creating it so that none of the figures can actually fit inside.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

That's strange, because mine are NOT straddling the center board (gear shift).

I am using Hanger Duel Anakin and Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan, as I think I stated.

As I look at mine, only the tops of Obi-Wan's feet are under the foot slot on his side (he's not driving).

On Anakin, the steering column's hand grips come up to point just barely at the bottom of his belt.

I would say they are up and out of their seats almost like on a rollercoaster, and neither one of them has their hands on the controls, though Obi-Wan looks like he's reaching for it with his left as in "I'm sick of Anakin's 'Look Master: No hands!' Driving!"

Yes, figures could be made to fit better, but I'd say this looks pretty good, and the way Anakin drives, they would be flying out of their seats. We saw that much in the trailers.

Hopefully the new Tatooine attack Anakin fits better. He looks like he will.

Not with that flyaway tabard strap sculpt. It's sticking out at the side like those arm flaps on desert duel darth Maul in the cinema scene. You'll never get Tatooine Anakin in there but you will get deluxe anakin to fit because he has soft goods tabard. he also has a scream face like he's just scared himself silly in a tram tunnel or something.

Originally posted by Tycho

Yes, figures could be made to fit better, but I'd say this looks pretty good, and the way Anakin drives, they would be flying out of their seats. We saw that much in the trailers.
    Yeah, from pics I've seen of Obi and Anakin in the speeder, Hayden seems to be laughing the whole time.

The speeders really should've come with their own pack-in figures...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Pack-in figures...?

Yeah... but youknow that they would have only been able to sit in the speeder and nothing else... totally useless. Hasbro needs to think before they start making this stuff. Howone could design a speeder totally independent of the design of the figures is mind boggling. Oh, well... that's Hasbro for you!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Emperor Jargo - where have you seen a pic of the Deluxe Anakin with softgoods?

Could you copy and post it? Or post the link? Thanks dude!

I had almost no trouble getting my Obi-Wan to fit in the speeder - either seat. I just had to turn his torso slightly to get it to line up right. At first I was frustrated because I couldn't get the figure's head to stay in line with the headrest, but I found a pic in my HD that shows Ani's head slightly above the line of the headrest, so I stopped being concerned about this. In passenger role, Obi-Wan Coruscant's magnet arm rests on the side of the speeder, as pilot, he has it over the other seat (can't win 'em all).

Still, it seems like the speeder should have been about 10% to 15% bigger than what they did, and I don't have an Anakin figure I want to put in there yet, so perhaps I'll have trouble with 2 figs.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.