Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Frito Lay 3D Star Pics

Has anyone bothered to collect these?

Just for fun I went on over to ebay and found a couple hundred of these up for auction.

Some were auctions for single pieces, some were for 1 color sets, some had all pieces.

There are 37 of these total:

9 purple (1 set)
    9 green (1 set)
    9 red (1 set)
    9 blue (1 set)
    1 Gold (Clonetrooper)

Each set is the same design, just 4 different colors. The gold Clonetrooper is supposed to be HTF.

I found a couple dozen auctions for the gold piece. I also saw 1-2 dozen auctions for sets WITH a bonus gold Clonetrooper. I do not believe that these will be rare.

A funny side note. I found 1 auction with all 37 pieces for $83.00 and another auction with all 37 had a buy it now price of $44.00

Also, Frito Lay put a little note on their bags "All 3D Star Pics are of equal value." ! LOL Too funny, what is that about?

Anyway, I suppose I will end up with a set eventually.

But is anyone here hunting for these?
    May the force be with you.

I was thinking about trying to get 2 of each sets - 1 set of each color with Anakin, the other sets with the Clone. Guess I won't have too much trouble finding the pieces.

As for the auctions, well you know how people are, any way to make a buck that they don't have to work for.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I'm not falling for it this time. Last time (TPM) I tried to collect all those pieces that came in the Frito Lay bags of chips. I got half and kept buying and buying in order to finish the collection. As I said before I only got half so FORGET it this time, not worth the time and money.

I almost got a whole set of those pogs that were in some chips from when the SE came out. I think I only missed around 5...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Thumbs down

I bought 2 bags of the 12-pack mini bags of Cheetos and Doritos, and I got 2 Obi-Wans! Well, one was purple and one blue. Yippee. The quality of them is closer to a cookie cutter mold. Disappointing, but I didn't plan on collecting the set anyway, just seeing a couple.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Hey Bel Cam, hold em up to the light!! They're AWESOME IMO. I thought they were junk too, til I looked at em right. I've only spent about 5-10 bucks on them, and I've got the CT already. It seems (in Canada so far, anyways) that most bags (4 so far) have at least 2 in em. Oddly, the "details" say that "at least 4 of 5 marked bags" have them. I've gotten 2 that didn't have jack in em, and 4 that had 2. Odd, huh?? I mean, who ever heard of SW stuff being poorly distributed,eh?? WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

So far I have Obi Wan, Anakin, and of course, Jango.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I have 2 Obi-Wans Mace and Dooku
    May the force be with you.

Odd, huh?? I mean, who ever heard of SW stuff being poorly distributed,eh?? WOOOOOOOOO!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    What whatsis in whose bags? I've got a bag o' chips here with nuffin' in it. Is it certain sizes? Damn fat filled chips.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."