Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Re: Jedi makeover

Originally posted by ACPin
    Here's a simple makeover to increase the number of your jedi in the Arena battle. Cut two strips of thin leather (bought from arts and crafts stores) into 1/2" wide x 4" length. Strap one piece on each shoulder and then use the transparent rubber bands from the AOTC figs as belt. Voila! You got yourself another Jedi!
    Hmmm... I've been experimenting with the same idea ACPin bu my biggest hurdle was how to create a belt to keep the fabric cinched. This sounds like a pretty good idea. Thanks! I'm going to try it when I get home.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Twi'lek Jedi

I didn't realize that the Twi'lek Jedi I did by removing Bib Fortuna's robe and giving him the same straps as the Bith jedi wasn't in the final shots that I've used for the diorama. Here he is then!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twiilek jedi.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	2249  
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

Hey....that leather idea looks really good ! I'm going to try that !

That Lama Su is amazing ! I couldn't do that stuff to save my life. I will just have to be content to admire your work.

I painted the Clonetroopers too. That Red is a pain to cover well. I did do green, blue and yellow and used preview Clones showing up more and more at KB. They look MUCH better (except for that pose) and you don't really need to worry about the primer.

Acpin, thats prity good. Did you make the cloths for Jabs hench man?
    Even though I changed my icon, I am still the same OneArmedJango.

Originally posted by OneArmedJango
    Acpin, thats prity good. Did you make the cloths for Jabs hench man?
    Thanks, it's a lot simpler than that. Here's how I did it!
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

You know the last parking spot furthest from here? Well I'm one spot beyond that!
    I want to thank all of you that commented on my Lama Su...

You know when I saw the figure in TRU and bought it, I thought the character was lame...(Tuan We) But seeing it on the screen inspired me...the Kamino are awesome....

Here's the first pic of Jango, note the guns are from Bespin Guard.

1st pic.

Name:	jf122.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	2358  
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Here's a pic from the back, its not that great, but I thought I'd throw it in.

2nd Pic.

Name:	jf123.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	2359  

Nicely done, and nice choice on the blasters.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Nicely done, and nice choice on the blasters.
    Thankx LtBasker and 187-Maul.

It's nice to get feedback on things you've done. They are nothing special, only a little paint here and there. I wish I could post the Star Destoyer with Fibre Optic lighting that I did a while back, but I have no backdrop to put it up against. This is the only way I would be able to photograph it.

Jango I did cause I wanted to see what he would look like before I bought him.

Luke I did him cause I wanted a Jedi Luke and thought that Bespin Luke would be the best choice cause I always thought luke should have a blaster holster. Plus you can remove his hand and I wouldn't have to open the Carded or Cinema Scene versions. Just wanted my own version of Jedi Luke, he also comes with a cloth cloak in black that I made. I did not post the picture of it cause I wanted people to see the paint job.