HAN SOLO: BESPIN OUTFIT: *** Work In Progress***
Custom Figure and Photos by Roberto Williams
I actually felt (and still do) that the Vintage Kenner Bespin Han Solo had a terrific general shape and build that I liked very much. Infortunately, the vintage Han's facial likeness was clumsy by today’s standards.
In contrast, the POTF II Han Bespin (both versions) were overly bulky, each with strange looking face sculpts.
The POTJ Han Bespin Capture is a VERY nice figure with some nice added articulation, However it’s just NOT neutral enough in its posing for my taste. I mean, even his jacket has a pre-posed sculpt. Also, the sculpted jacket seems to have a bulkiness that just makes it look Ill-fitting to me.
It took a LOT of experimentation to come up with the final “recipe” that I used to create this HAN SOLO in his “Bespin Outfit”. Of course, my goal with this figure is to reflect the cocky, cynical demeanor of the scoundrel star pilot. Hopefully, after I’m done painting him, he will really come alive! Also, he is correctly scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs). “You like me because I’m a scoundrel. There aren’t enough scoundrels in your life”
1) POTJ Han Solo Death Star Escape: (Head, Pelvis (with slight re-sculpt in crotch) )
2) POTJ Han Solo Bespin Capture: (White shirt torso)
3) Vintage Kenner Han Solo Bespin: (Arms, Legs, Torso (hollowed-out jacket only) )
4) POTF II Comm Tech Han Solo: (Left hand)
5) POTJ Rebel Trooper: (Right hand)
6) SAGA Han Solo Hoth Rescue: Holster and gun belt, Blaster pistol, Lightsaber hilt (as cylinder detail on gun belt)