Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Walmart and Target

hi, anyone out there in this forum is working in target or walmart in austin texas? Need some help, thanks!!!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    And can somebody find out why Target is charging $6.99 per figure to WM's $5.88? Hello, WM, good bye Target. Heck, I'm finding cheaper stuff at K-Mart and that NEVER happens...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Lightbulb k-mart

well from what i hear k-mart is goin under, big time so they're gonna be reall good for toys in the next year or so. plus they have a sale on all AOTC toys and accesories till next sat, gonna grab lotsa stuff.
    and where the hell does kaybee toys get off sellin the figs for $7.99?!! and the lightsabers for $24.99!!,

Plus, KB has the worst selection of all the stores. Just horrible.

I know a girl who works at one, yet went to WM to get all the figures. Their employees get a 25% discount, but not for AOTC stuff. That was pretty dumb on their part cause anyone who does their pricing homework will go elsewhere to buy stuff. They only way KB will sell AOTC is if they are the only store to get in Dooku.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    Plus, KB has the worst selection of all the stores. Just horrible.

I know a girl who works at one, yet went to WM to get all the figures. Their employees get a 25% discount, but not for AOTC stuff. That was pretty dumb on their part cause anyone who does their pricing homework will go elsewhere to buy stuff. They only way KB will sell AOTC is if they are the only store to get in Dooku.
    $7.99 is a ripoff, but it doesn't have anything to do with the AOTC figures. KB is ALWAYS a ripoff. It's usually because they are located in shopping malls, which charge a lot for rent, which cause them to hike up their prices. I really don't know how they stay in buisness.

It's the same with FAO Shwartz in my area. They still have Episode 1 figures for 7.99! And the REFUSE to ever put anything on clearance to get rid of it. Almost half of the figures at my FAO Schwartz are over 3 years old.

I did actually buy from KB the other day though. One near me had the Dooku Anakin HD wave; although they were sold out of Dooku, I did get pick up 2 Yodas and 3 HD anakins and they still had lots left. $7.99 sucks but it's bette than paying scalpers prices.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

I'll have to differ on KB having the worst selection. I found 5 Count Dooku's and 5 Royal Guards, along with an abundance of Yoda and Hangar Ani's figures. I guess it depends geographically.

Luckily on Midnight Madness, I was able to get pretty much everything I needed at my local Wal-Mart. That saved me at least $15-$30.

Lightbulb kaybees

well i guess i can see why kaybee sells for more now. i just remember a few years back they were sellin at the same price as tru and the rest, as for fao, theyre the rich mans toystore so its kinda expected that they will cost more. the one good thing i can say for kaybee is athough $7.99 sucks to pay, but the store near me has tons of the preview figs warming on the pegs, but other than that and maybe a dooku showin up, i wouldnt buy from them

K-Mart isn't going out of business entirely, they just closed a buttload of stores, including all the stores in my area. Right now at the ones that are still open they're having 30%-50% off sales on all remaining merchandise (obviously though they aren't getting any new stock in).

Re: Walmart and Target

Originally posted by DarthX
    hi, anyone out there in this forum is working in target or walmart in austin texas? Need some help, thanks!!!
    Darth X, I work at A Wal-Mart and I might be able to help, what the problem???
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Originally posted by The Sith Lord
    I'll have to differ on KB having the worst selection. I found 5 Count Dooku's and 5 Royal Guards, along with an abundance of Yoda and Hangar Ani's figures. I guess it depends geographically.

Luckily on Midnight Madness, I was able to get pretty much everything I needed at my local Wal-Mart. That saved me at least $15-$30.
    I just chalk it up to the typical shoddy Hasbro system of distribution.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas