Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    This episode was okay, but I liked it better the first time I saw it when it was a movie titled "Enemy Mine" with Louis Gosset Jr as the alien.

JIm

You know, if they are going to copy stories, I'd like to see them do Starfleet versus Aliens.

I think I'd rather see that take place in the 24th Century, not the 22nd, but it would be a scene stealer for sure.

What would SF crew members do if they were in the position of the Sulako (Ripley's military ship she went in on in the 2nd Aliens film)?

Would they just beam the Queen into nothingness?

Would Worf go crazy and have a field day hunting them with his bare hands?

Would Data try and communicate with them, because he can't carry a chest-burster since it couldn't develop in him?

Would Kirk or Riker find the Queen attractive and the next likely "playmate of the week?"

Would the Borg try and assimilate them or destroy them? Borgs would be vulnerable to face-huggers / chest-bursters.

Would the Dominon just wipe them out? How? Acid could harm the shapeshifters I'm assuming. Jem Hadar warriors could be used as hosts, too.

Holodoc could confuse the heck out of them, as he can't be impregnated either.

If Dax became a host, could she produce an alien symbiant? Hehe - a worm with 2 sets of steel teeth!

I think if the NX Enterprise crew met them, they'd be very ill-prepared to deal with it.

I do think it could be a cool crossover though. Trek-nology might put an interesting twist on Aliens. Though a phaser set on disintegrate would probably end the battle pretty quick, so the plot would have to get around that, or make it more difficult for the heroes to win.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Originally posted by Tycho
    I think if the NX Enterprise crew met them, they'd be very ill-prepared to deal with it.
    Hmm...

*[theme song] something about the heart, lalala*

Archer: What's going on?!
    Reed: Some sort of alien ship, sir (bad joke pause)

Everybody but Archer: They're firing, Jon, stop playing with your mutt and act like Cap'n!
    Archer: Cap'n Crunch? Oh right right, err.. extend the cannons and fire gently.

-cannons retract but they don't fire "gently", rather they malfunction and blow the alien ship to pieces!!!-

Archer: What happened?
    Trip: It was them pesky klingot varments!
    Archer: Silly Klingots...

-camera pans by ship and it goes to wa-err...camera pans back in Enterprise-

T'Pol: You forgot to put me in the spotlight!!!
    Hoshi: Hey, me too...

-T'Pol transports Hoshi into space while starting a strip and THEN the camera pans out with the bridge lights emitting fluxuating light colors as they go to warp-
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Silly.

Now anybody want to talk seriously about any of the Star Trek crews meeting Aliens? (from Alien, Aliens, Alien3, Alien Resurrection)

And what would happen?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Ok, fine.

Enterprose/1701 - They'd have a more fighting chance, but it's unlikely they'd win against aliens that use them as hosts, unless they could possibly transport them out.

Enterprise-D - Tough decision, they've definitely got a very high fighting chance. Picard's shown he wouldn't hesitate in killing crewmembers who fall victim so they can't be used as hosts.

Deep Space 9 - Being a space station, they would probably be in deep. Don't know about them..

Voyager - While it is smaller, it does hav emore advanced systems, and it's likely they would have an advantage over aliens trying to take over the ship. However it doesn't seem like Janeway would kill her own crew even if they weren't far from a burster.

NX-01 - Would most likely die, they haven't really got anything that advanced that could help them out. Theres only 82 of them spread throughtout that quite-open ship, by the time anyone knew they'd probably be nearly half gone.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing something like this, it'd be alot more natural than the whole Borg issue if they just stumbled across these aliens. The key thing on the situation though is that the aliens most likely wouldn't even try a ship-to-ship fight, but just find a way to get inside. We haven't had alot of purely phsyical fighting thing in Trek for quite awhile, it's usually been doubled with ship-to-ship fighting as well like the Borg, or just ship-to-ship.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Tycho, in previous eps, it seems like the shuttlepods carry a certain level of emergency equipment with them that was lacking here. If Trip had mentioned that shuttles were stripped down for this sort of work, I would have bought it (though it would have felt too convenient), but since it seemed like they covered some of the supplies issues in season 1, that's where I really felt lost. They could have written around these things too, like "damaged in a fire during the crash" or something, but they didn't.

As for Enterprise doing those staple Trek eps in an "unprepared" way, I'm afraid that's all too likely. We already had those "first time for everything" eps in a little thing most fans like to call "The Original Series". There's plenty of honest territory to cover without recycling old Trek eps... especially when Voyager was so lousy in part because that's half of everything they did anyway.

Is it my imagination, or can the Transporter only beam things up, not down? Several times lately, we've had eps where the transporter could have beamed vital equipment into situations where characters couldn't be beamed up (like a thermal tent for Trip!!! ) but the crew just sat on their hands and waited for stuff to happen on its own - and I won't accept "they haven't thought of it yet" as an answer.

Commander Charles "Trip" Tucker III could probably hold his own as the slightly unsure-of-his-command-abilities star of the show, but it's for the best that we have Captain Archer as the star instead so all the stuffiest elements don't cloud Trip's character up. Seems like T'pol has been almost invisible the past few eps though.

Basker, you're right, it was a cross between "Darmok" (TNG season 5) and "The Ascent" (DS9 season 5), as well as "Enemy Mine" and at least half a dozen other sci-fi standards.

Tycho, "Trek vs Aliens" would bore me silly, even if it were 1 episode. Phasers against aliens, transporters against aliens, and the deadliest enemy Trek has in its arsenal, technobabble against aliens. "Captain, my scans show the alien creatures are susceptible to verpium gas!" "Quick, have the doctor whip some up and put it into the ventalation system."
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

They better start bringing in some more "familiar" material from the other series as to show where alot of the stuff we know came from. Elaborate on the Romulans, Ferengi, Klingons etc.
    I wouldn't mind seeing them clear up the Klingon mystery once and for all in show delivered form. Show both North and South Klingons together.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

With the Klingons and the forehead issue, (the lack of high-tech makeup in TOS days and then Worf's confirming they DO look different - even to the characters - in "Trials and Tribulations," I suggest this:

as the Federation forms, the best Klingon warriors are chosen to infiltrate Starfleet and are surgically altered. It is embarassing to them, because obviously they fail. Young Kang, Kor, and Koloth could be very junior Klingon ensigns in this black-ops operation, seen first as modern Klingons, and then later as human-looking ones. For their failure and 'dishonor,' they are not restored to looking Klingon when they're found out and return in disgrace to the Empire. Or they need to take extensive "Klingon hormone therapy" to reassert their natural features over a very long period of time. Or since they are young Klingons, they cannot afford to undo what their government did. Consequently, whenever Starfleet sees a human looking Klingon warrior, they know that this individual was responsible for some terrible acts of war against the Federation. Kirk can realize his prejudice by just looking at their superficial features- in effect what being racially prejudiced is all about anyway. Finally, in order to ascend to rank and power, and restore their honor and their faces, in the future Kang, Kor, and Koloth will be 3 of the Klingon's most dangerous commanders - and for 100 years or so, their uniquely "human" look will make them quite infamous in the galaxy.

How's that? Why wasn't it so simple and obvious? Didn't Rick and Brannon think of that already?

I thought of another cool idea. Any one of the existing cast members of all the shows and movies could have some work coming to them in Enterprise. They could just simply play an ancestor. Shatner can still have a chance to reclaim his glory!!!!

Originally posted by Tycho
    With the Klingons and the forehead issue, (the lack of high-tech makeup in TOS days and then Worf's confirming they DO look different - even to the characters - in "Trials and Tribulations," I suggest this:

as the Federation forms, the best Klingon warriors are chosen to infiltrate Starfleet and are surgically altered. It is embarassing to them, because obviously they fail. Young Kang, Kor, and Koloth could be very junior Klingon ensigns in this black-ops operation, seen first as modern Klingons, and then later as human-looking ones. For their failure and 'dishonor,' they are not restored to looking Klingon when they're found out and return in disgrace to the Empire. Or they need to take extensive "Klingon hormone therapy" to reassert their natural features over a very long period of time. Or since they are young Klingons, they cannot afford to undo what their government did. Consequently, whenever Starfleet sees a human looking Klingon warrior, they know that this individual was responsible for some terrible acts of war against the Federation. Kirk can realize his prejudice by just looking at their superficial features- in effect what being racially prejudiced is all about anyway. Finally, in order to ascend to rank and power, and restore their honor and their faces, in the future Kang, Kor, and Koloth will be 3 of the Klingon's most dangerous commanders - and for 100 years or so, their uniquely "human" look will make them quite infamous in the galaxy.

How's that? Why wasn't it so simple and obvious? Didn't Rick and Brannon think of that already?
    That is a much better explanation.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I'll add one more thing to that, with the Suliban taking orders from the future and receiving genetic alterations as payment, it would be easy for the Klingons to be brought into this conspiracy to collapse the Ferderation as well.

I think the future villains that give Sillik his genetic technology are either Romulans, or how about Vorta, working for the Dominion.

The Dominion are masters of genetic technology having cloned the Vortas and engineered the Jem Hadar - they lost the War so they could be trying this in its place. I suppose they could just send an army of Jem Hadar back through time, but perhaps their subtlety is because either they can't, or they don't want to risk Starfleet and the Klingons sending a bunch of their ships back in time to have the Dominion Wars all over again in the past. Anyway, some Vortas were creepy with a deep voice like our future friend, and not slick and over-friendly like Weyoun.

The other thing is the Romulans would be typical architects of this sort of thing - it has their covert, secretive nature written all over it - and the future guy talks with the military stoicness of a Romulan Commander. However, following the Dominion Wars and "Nemesis," the Romulans should see some advantages to being Federation allies. If their more conservative elements are pushing for this eradication of the Federation in the past, they are even less redeemable than I thought they could be and Riker and the USS Titan ought to go in blasting when they get to Romulus!

I actually like the idea of the Dominion playing a part in this more than the Romulans, because they really had lost big time and could be out for revenge. Besides they are led by non-solids, who have nothing in common with Romulans, who actually are related to key Federation members. And the Dominion can be subtle when they have to be. Other than paranoia, I don't see what the Romulans have to lose - on the other hand, Galactic Domination is all they have to gain for the Empire if they win. But are there enough Romulan Soldiers and Reman Slaves to enforce that without ANY allies? Aside from its political severity, Romulus is a paradise (built on slave labor) but it hardly suffers from over-population in so much as I can tell.