Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I might get them. But you really can't do as much with ST figures as you can with SW...

Being a Star Trek fan I really wanted to like this show. After sitting through that wretched series called Voyager and the mediocre DS9 I was hoping for something better. However that doesn't seem to be the case.
    I agree with Tycho about the Transporters and that it would have been better without them. I also would have liked it if they didn't have a screen that enables them not only to see the ships, but the aliens piloting the ships. This way they would have kept in line with continuity ( sorry I know some people like Rick Berman feel that it's a dirty word ) and made the show a bit more interesting.
    When you think about it the only difference between the enterprise NX 1 and the Enterprise E is that the NX doen't have shields or tractor beams. For 200 years that's not a lot of difference. Try comparing an automobile from the 1800's to a vehicle today.
    Another thing I disliked was the Ferengi episode. Now I admit I missed the ending, but the fact that they were seen by several members of the crew and yet the Federation didn't know who they were for another 200 years seems a bit odd. If someone attacked you and you saw them wouldn't you try and get some sort of drawing and ask other people if they've seen any one who looks like this? They've already met one Alien species who says they traded with the Ferengi, isn't it possible they would meet others? and don't get me started on the whole temporal cold war....uugghhh!!!
    The heck with Majel I wish Gene were back.

JIm

SmurfVader, don't diss Majel, if you look at all the credits you'll see she had NOTHING to do with this. Probably why it's so terrible too. Baby Berman and Bragga got their way...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    SmurfVader, don't diss Majel, if you look at all the credits you'll see she had NOTHING to do with this. Probably why it's so terrible too. Baby Berman and Bragga got their way...
    Actually, Majel has nothing to do with any of the shows really. She did have some influence on TNG, but it was mostly a courtesy after Genes death. The only real impact she had on DS9 and Voyager was as an actress.

I'm not saying this to diss her though. She's a very nice lady, but she has never had any control over the franchise.

Anyway, the reason Trip had to take the shuttle down was so that he could destroy the camps weapons, so that they couldn't shoot down the refugees as they were leaving.

Did anyone else get a HUGE kick out of seeing Al together with Scott Backula again?: That was too cool!
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Actually she's always done the female computer voices from TOS to VOY.

Oh yeah, did anyone notice a small connection between this episode and Quantum Leap? Dean Stockwell's character was trying to help Scott Bakula's character get out of the situation after ending up where he shouldn't of and yet he can't save him right away? Not much of a connection I know but it's interesting.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Actually she's always done the female computer voices from TOS to VOY.
    Sorry, yeah that's what I was refering to when I said her effect as an actress (since she never actually appeared in Voyager, aside from her voice)

She's really nice though. I have gotten to go to her house a few times, as she and my grandfather have been good friends for 20-25 years.

Except she had a huge dog that slobbered on me...

LT Basker my comment was in no way meant as a dis to Majel, I was just mearly stating out of the two I would much rather have him back then her.

JIm

I know, I was just stating that. Also Majel was I think the/a Executive Producer for Voyager and DS9. But her name isn't even there on Ent, I guess she didn't like the way he was doing things and so she decided to split. I would rather have Gene and Majel back on the series though, Gene in control and Majel in the computer.

Anyone see tonight's episode? Was it boring to anyone else? It was kinda slow paced and no red-uniformed crew members have died yet throughout the whole series...

Also Majel was I think the/a Executive Producer for Voyager and DS9.
    Yeah that's the kind of courtesy thing I was talking about.
    An Executive Producer credit in TV and movies also is usually given to someone who doesn't actually have anything to do with the show itself, but has some sort of connection to the people involved.

I kind of liked tonights episode, but you're right LTB, it was pretty slow. I liked the idea of Archer being a fan of water polo though. I don't know why but I think that's a lot more clever than him being a football fan or something.

Although I always liked Siskos passion for baseball.

I liked tonight's episode because it was not a two-armed, two-legged alien, it was intelligent, and it wasn't a psychopathic killer.

I also liked seeing the crew bonding better, and the waterpolo. I'm starting to get to know this crew.

Hoshi is also starting to develop a little more.