Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Star Trek: Enterprise & Sulibaan Prison

(Moderator's Note - This thread's about every week's episode of Enterprise the day after we see it. Feel free to join in at any point.)

Well, we know the crew is going to make some mistakes by not having a concrete non-interference directive.

Once John and Travis staged that internment camp escape, what do you think is going to happen next?

Will there be some kind of organized Sulibaan resistance to The Cabal?

Archer pretty much hates Sillik - and for this captain to hate anyone it's gotta be pretty severe. Archer is the most easy-going Captain in the history of all 5 shows!

So why didn't he just cooperate with the Regallians (?) anyway, and try and use his information to improve the living conditions of the Sulibaan refugees?

Meanwhile, did that one ever see his wife again? If they broke out of one camp, where would they go without their loved ones in others? They're not going to leave family members behind are they? They're going to have to go back and raid the other camps we did not see in this episode.

Cool flying and shooting by Trip - the effects looked especially real this time!

Anyway, now is Earth or at least Archer going to be in-for-it with the Regallians?

Who thought the scenes with Travis being prejudiced and then encountering a Sulibaan who felt the reverse for him was just a little too cliche. I like Star Trek when it has a subtext to it, but that part of the episode was just plain preachy and too phony as it was scripted.

Your thoughts?

It was an interesting episode but again they didn't think. My biggest complaints are:

If Enterprise could beam a communicator down...Why couldn't they just beam Archer and Mayweather up then get the heck outta there? Enterprise would obviously be more powerful since it's the star. They obviously didn't have any shields around the compound hence why ENT was able to beam stuff down.

Also, another argument against the shuttle - Why is it so more sophisticated than the Galileo shuttles seen in TOS? In TOS they relied on the transporters, but on ENT they seem to try to get shuttles in there whenever they can.

And T'Pol acted more like a human than a vulcan.....AGAIN.

Bad episodes like this and their upcoming between-seasons hiatus will probably lose alot of viewers. They're really taking alot of hiatus breaks with this show... I wish Majel would come back.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

1) John said he wanted to stay until he could figure out something for the Sulibaan. That's why they didn't just beam back up: Captain's orders!

2) They use the shuttle because only Malcom likes the Transporter or feels it's safe. It's not more advanced than Kirk's shuttles. Just constantly has to be used.

My problem was when the heck did they arm the shuttlecrafts? Those looked like phasers - which they don't really have.

I think this show would be more realistic if they totally NEVER had the transporter and it was "invented" in the 7th season or something.

And maybe they should have guns that shoot bullets, or at least lasers and tasers (like the electical current weapons modern police have now for crowd control on advanced forces).

3) As to T'Pol - I totally agree with you! Bad character writing.

I like this show. It's a good series...there are a lot of good episodes, but many of them, like this one, end too quickly when they could have stretched a two-parter out of it.

And I guess they gave the shuttle a miniaturized version of the phasers Trip built for Enterprise (at the beginning the Enterprise only had torpedoes.)

Archer didn't give the order until AFTER they beamed down the communicator...cause that's how he gave the order. If they had him right there, why not beam him UP instead of beaming a tiny device down?

As for the phase cannons/phasers on the shuttle....How? There should be power limitations or do they have a giant energizer on them?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Maybe they drilled little holes in the shuttles and were shooting their phase pistols through them...

Are you guys going to collect Art Assylum's Enterprise Figures?

I plan to get these. I think the first wave comes out in June.

Here's a pic:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37498.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	1583  

And the Deluxe Figures combine to make this bridge playset with:

Travis
    Malcolm
    Johnathon
    Hoshi
    T'Pol

or maybe 1 less of these. Not sure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37713.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	1584  

I'm definitely gonna get the Phase pistol and the communicator set just cause I like playing with things like that. I might get the figures with the diorama pieces to make the bridge sets also and possibly the vehicles.

Looks like AA is putting the line on hold for now, at least for a few months.

I thought last week's ep was really pedestrian. It was trying to be topical but doesn't drive the point home. The biggest problem I had was that all the suliban prisoners were vanilla - no real mix of opinions, everybody's just sad all the time. Ultimately, it delivered on one level, but I felt it wanted more and never got there.

Nice cameo though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.