I'm getting sick of the employees at K-mart, Wal-Mart, TRU and pretty much at any of the retailers that carry Star Wars. They all give me flak every single time I try to get a rebate on items that have gone on sale and the recent sale on Saga toys is no exception. I had bought some figs before the sale at K-mart began. Took back the receipt on the day of the sale and the holier-than-thou buck-toothed gal behind "Customer Service" grudginly refunded me the difference for the figs but wouldn't give up a "Scratch-n-Win" card even though I had purchased EPII figs. Her reason being that only figs purchased from the start to the end of the sale qualified for a free game piece not figs or merchandise purchased prior to the sale. The same as always I kindly asked here to page a manager and ten minutes later I got one game piece even though I had bought 5 figs: shouldn't that be worth 5 game pieces?. Nor would she give me a rebate on preview figs which I had bought less then 30 days before but when I pointed out on the receipt where it stated I could return the figs until June for a full refund of the purchase price she didn't seem to understand that by returning them I would effectively be taking my business elsewhwere or did she seem to really care. The Coup de grace was that she requested a fellow employee bring over some game cards and when he brought over a fist full she said she only wanted a few because she didn't want to be bothered with handing out a bunch of them. Basically she didn't want to be bothered with doing her job.

I wish I could say she was the exception instead of the rule but I can't. She embodies every employee I've had to deal with since I began collecting when it's anything above just purchasing merchandise. Is my money a different color? I work in retail so I don't want to be one of those customers that yells and screams to get their way, because I hate it when people do that to me, but it seems that the only way to get anywhwere with "Customer Service" is to be equally as rude as they are. I mean, I'm not rich so if I can get a $1.00 back per figure you bet I will because that equates to more figs I can purchase.

Why do I always have to talk with a manager, district manager, or corporate for a few messily bucks? Why have "Customer Service" (sarcasm) employees been trained to be rude or is just a natural response to the typical rude customer returning itmes that they have to deal with on a daily basis? I treat them with respect and get nothing but attitude for my trouble.

Well I just had to get that off my chest, and now back to our regularly scheduled programming.