Question Can a clone trooper fit in the capsule gun turrets of the gunner ship... ???

I've noticed that the gunnership has capsules turrets on the wings and 2 more coming out from the side bay doors...
    Are we able to place clone troopers in them... ???

Re: Can a clone trooper fit in the capsule gun turrets of the gunner ship... ???

Originally posted by Darth Ovori
    I've noticed that the gunnership has capsules turrets on the wings and 2 more coming out from the side bay doors...
    Are we able to place clone troopers in them... ???
    That's something a lot of people have been wondering since Toyfair when the prototype was shown. The Toyfare 2002 version had the gunner bubbles in the wings, but it had no side bubbles at all. The ones on the wings were definitely not big enough to hold a figure, so I'm wondering if the final version will have the side bubbles at all.

Maybe they will make the side turrets large enough and just leave the wing bubbles the was they are. But I'm guessing they will include the side turrets, but they will be the same size as the ones on the wings: ie; too small to fit a figure in.

I hope they don't make them large enough to actually fit a regular sized Clonetrooper though. They would be WAY out of proportion to the ship then, since it's built at a smaller scale.
    Last edited by pthfnder89; 04-29-2002 at 10:49 AM.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Unhappy

That would lame if a trooper won't be able to sit in one of the bubbles...

I would've gladly payed $20 more for a more to scale gunship just to get turrets that you could put Clone Troopers in.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Thumbs up

Ditto LTBasker, that gunship represent's E2... And we need a replica of the same wurthy standards...

Originally posted by LTBasker
    I would've gladly payed $20 more for a more to scale gunship just to get turrets that you could put Clone Troopers in.
    I would to, without a doubt.

But there are a LOT of parents who wouldn't.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

Good point on the parents.I would pay more too.If figures don't fit in an area where characters are shown to be,won't that make the scale issue even more glaring?It would for me.I hope they fit.
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

Angry

Well this upset's me, it seems that the Gunship won't have the capsules turrets from the bay doors on the sides...

Outfitted with an impressive weapons arsenal, the gunship is instrumental in the final battle that heralds the beginning of the Clone Wars
    Equipped with firing laser cannons and deployable troop platform
    Features include sensor doors, opening canopy, grappling hook, rotating wing blasters and weapons storage bays
    Handle helps you hold gunship for action-packed battles
    Insert figures' blast effects (not included) into holes to make your battles come to life
    Gunship can hold 2 pilots and 10 troopers (figures not included)
    Includes ship, 2 wings, 2 cannons, canopy/cockpit, labels and instructions
    Some assembly required

Info taken from...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...A92533%3A92527

Thought this might help..this was taken from www.yakface.com about upcoming clone trooper figures. This will shed a little light on the Turret issue.

Clone Troopers Present and Future
    The red Clone Trooper was originally supposed to be all white. The deco change was a little last-minute, and there will be several Clones in the future for all of us figure fans out there. The first new one is a yellow Clone Trooper Pilot. It comes with a Gun Pod that's actually missing from the upcoming Republic Gunship toy, and it snaps right on the finished toy. If you buy two pilots, you've got your vehicle fully armed and ready to fly. Next, there's a Deluxe Clone Trooper that will come with some sort of Swoop/Speeder Bike vehicle.
    For the uninitiated, Hasbro has actually started to go out of its way to put extras for vehicles with the figures, and vice-versa. The new Slave I comes with a hole in its cockpit for Jango/Boba's rocket pack, so it hangs up on the back wall. Also, the Jedi Starfighter has a small hole for a radar dish to be placed, and this little extra will be packaged with the upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi (Starfighter Pilot)