Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What's Happening at Wal-Mart May 18th?

There was an ad in my WalMart ad thing in the mail that said this:

WANTED:

IF YOU, YOUNG JEDI (R), ARE UP TO A CHALLENGE, VISIT YOUR LOCAL WAL-MART FROM 10 A.M. UNTIL NOON ON MAY 18TH, 2002 TO SHOW YOUR TRUE JEDI (R) SKILLS.
    Andy Smith

Probably some event for little kids. Duh.

More info on Website

"Visit your local Wal-Mart from 10 a.m. to noon May 18 for an amazing Star Wars adventure! Young Jedi cadets can test their skills with a lightsaber in an actual Jedi training academy. Don't miss this awesome event!"

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/shops...6333&dept=4171

Probably trying to make use of those E1 Sith Droid shooting things that were left over.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

We have not received the packet in yet on the Jedi Training Event, but as soon as we do, I'll let you know. We just got the packet for Spiderman. It included Spidy glasses that has red lenses so the kids could go around the store and find these answers to questions. And we also just got in the really cool 3D spiderman promo stand. It hads no product on it, but there is a NY skyline type thing with bilboards that advertise thing like Dr. Pepper, Hershey, and what not.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

No, for 35-year-old men who spend all their time on the Internet.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Under 12
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Wal-Mart Jedi Challenge Event

Date: May 18, 2002 Time: 10am - 12pm

Here's the deal ladies and gents. It is an event for kids. There is no age specified however but it is for kids. There are 4 "stages:" and I will discribe them below.

Stage 1
    Lego Clone Building Challenge
    There will be a box with the Lego Clone troopers all over it. Inside, a total of 150 Lego Clone troopers await unassembled. The 3 parts are the legs, body and head, and the helmet. Each child is give 60 seconds to assemble as many Clones as he/she is able to.

Stage 2
    Hasbro Force Flipping Figure Challenge
    Included in the "kit" is an Obi-Wan Deluxe force flipping action figure. Each child has 60 seconds to "flip" the figure and get him to land on the pad on his feet. Only when he lands on his feet does it count.

Stage 3
    Frito-Lay Go-Snack Sampling
    A rep from Frito-Lay will be onhand to distribute a Frito-Lay Go-Snack to each child participating.

Stage 4
    Jedi Training Academy Main Arena
    We have not received this yet, so I am going off the event sheet as to what it is.
    Accoring to the paper, the Main Arena is somethinf the child enters with a Star Wars Lightsaber(?), they are to be reminded that a Jedi uses the Force to defense, not attack. When they are ready they press the start button. Music and voices will start, then sound as all lights(attackers) power up. That is all that is described. Until we get in the Arena I have no idea what is suppose to happen there.

After the child goes through all 4 stages, they receive a certificate with their name on it saying they complete the Jedi Training Event. Each child also gets a Jedi Training Activity book.

And that is the Jedi Training Event for May 18, 2002.
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"