Hybrid View

Did Luke ever have a son?

I know Leia did, Anakin Solo. But what about Luke? Also, Boba Fett did not die did he? I think I read somewhere it spit him out?
    MOST POWERFUL SITH LORD ON ETERNIA!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    All of this is EU
    Luke and his wife Mara Jade Skywalker had a bouncing baby boy, Ben Skywalker. He is still an infant in the New Jedi Order series.

Boba Fett survived the sarlacc by blowing it up with his rocket launcher. Then Dengarr and one of Jabbas slavegirls (who turned out to be the ruler of Kuat) found his half digested carcass and nursed him back to life. He has since started working again, but now he does it so he can afford the special meds that keep his body going after the sarlacc digestive juices changes his metabolic balance. His own body is trying to digest itself and expensive drugs keep it at bay. So instead of retiring like he had planned, he has to keep bounty hunting forever or he dies. haven't seen much of him during the NJO, but rest assured his battles with the Yuuzhann Vong will be told.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

WOW, that is awesome thanks!!!!! Are these books, or comics? I never read the books, besides tales from Jabba's palace. Mara Jade is a jedi also, right?

And Anakin Solo was kidnaped by Palpatine's clone right? Did they ever get him back?
    MOST POWERFUL SITH LORD ON ETERNIA!

I say, just read the books. Honestly, I think the books are awesome, and what keeps my interet fresh in SW. Don't start with New Jedi Order though. Try to find the timeline in one of the books,and go by that.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Nope, if it didn't happen onscreen, then Lucasfilm has stated that it is NOT CANON, therefore Luke never had a child......

HOWEVER, going from the EU timeline, which follows the timeline of the movies (However loosely) then it is true.....Luke and Mara Jade (A character introduced in the novels) did have a child together....

I'm not big on the EU, but a lot of fans love it, and far be it for me to dispute that.......(Too much anyway )

so, in a way, or from a certain point of view, then yes.....the stories go on......

sometimes, not in ways that we like, but they go on nonetheless.....

There are a lot of good stories out there, and I tend to pick and choose what I deem Canon.....such as Boba Fett surviving the Sarlaac (Lucas himself said that that little bit is wrong, and that Boba DID DIE)......but I pretty much consider Timothy Zahn's first trilogy to be absolutely canon..........

beyond that, only bits and pieces are worth my attention.....

the NJO storyline for the most part is inoffensive (Despite the death of Chewbacca) and WAS the only EU story (Besides Zahn's trilogy) approved by George Lucas.....so, it's pretty much canon too......

you really gotta pick and choose.......
    Last edited by Taichi; 05-18-2002 at 03:52 PM.
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

Exclamation

Originally posted by Taichi
    Nope, if it didn't happen onscreen, then Lucasfilm has stated that it is NOT CANON, therefore Luke never had a child......

There are a lot of good stories out there, and I tend to pick and choose what I deem Canon.....such as Boba Fett surviving the Sarlaac (Lucas himself said that that little bit is wrong, and that Boba DID DIE)......but I pretty much consider Timothy Zahn's first trilogy to be absolutely canon..........

beyond that, only bits and pieces are worth my attention.....

the NJO storyline for the most part is inoffensive (Despite the death of Chewbacca) and WAS the only EU story (Besides Zahn's trilogy) approved by George Lucas.....so, it's pretty much canon too......

you really gotta pick and choose.......
    All are entitled to their own opinions (controlling... urge to yell... ), but HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?!? (Sorry... ). You can't "pick and choose" what's "canon." Either it is or it isn't. NOW, you can "pick and choose" what you LIKE. Maybe that's what you meant, Taichi. There was a priest who used the phrase "buffet Christians," meaning people who pick and choose what parts of the religion they like, and ignore the rest. By the way, ALL Expanded Universe stories are approved by Lucasfilm, which Lucas heads. However, George himself may not like the stories either. Besides, some writer can always write a "dream sequence" story that gets rid of all the "bad" ones!

The term "canon" is perhaps too strong. It make things seem as if they are religious and descended from above like sacred literature. They're stories (some great, others bland, still others poorly done), that's all.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

True that....

you're right, I should've said "Liked" rather than "IS CANON"

but, even though George heads Lucas Books, he does not approve ALL storylines.....

he said himself that Fett is dead, which is why he hasn't popped up in the NJO storyline yet........Lucas OFFICIALLY approved the NJO storyline, and it must adhere to a certain set of rules....and in Lucas' Universe, Fett is dead.......

Frankly I think that if the Boba legacy were to live on, it should've happened in Boba's Son.......and not Boba himself.....

Boba was DEFINITELY old enough to sire an heir, and it would'nt be too farfetched to make it believable.......

I'd prefer that over Boba surviving.....

and for the record, for some, Star Wars IS a religion.....
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

Re: Did Luke ever have a son?

Originally posted by DARTH_SKELETOR
    I know Leia did, Anakin Solo. But what about Luke? Also, Boba Fett did not die did he? I think I read somewhere it spit him out?
    she also had jacen and jaina.
    no he didnt, in one book i think someone found him in the sand or something
    Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet, how embarassing. - the great yoda

Originally posted by Taichi
    Frankly I think that if the Boba legacy were to live on, it should've happened in Boba's Son.......and not Boba himself.....

Boba was DEFINITELY old enough to sire an heir, and it would'nt be too farfetched to make it believable.......

I'd prefer that over Boba surviving.....
    There was an issue of SW Tales that had a story indicating that Fett did have a son. I don't think it's ever been followed up on, and the SW Tales stories are frequently out of the EU continuity.
    My backpack's got jets
    I'm boba the fett
    I bounty hunt for jabba hutt
    To finance my vette
    -----------------------------------
    "Fett's 'Vette" - MC Chris