Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question is there going to be midnight showings of AOTC?

i heard a while back that lucas might say "there will not be any midnight showings this time." there better be! i can't wait for it! but, is it true or just a rumor?
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

There are no Midnight showings.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

you sure? i just called my local theatre and they said that they plan on having a midnight showing.....lucas just loves being in controll doesn't he..
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

I think the policy is that you can't show the film before Thursday. Anyways, it's not a worldwide release date, and no matter when you show it, there are still going to be parts of the world who still can't see the film. So it's not like you're avoiding anything by not having the midnight screenings.

But I guess I'll do like I did in 99, go at 9 pm and buy a pair of tickets.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Yes, there ARE midnight showings.

I encourage everyone to call their local theater, such as Hango and myself have done.
    All your base are belong to us!

When Episode 1 came out my local cinema showed the movie at 12:01 on the Thursday to counter any issues with the screening dates.

My local theater (which is not part of any chain) plans on a midnight showing. Even if LFL puts the rule down, I bet this place will ignore it and have it at 12:01 . . . at least I hope they stand strong!

Who is Lucas to tell them not to do a midnight showing? If the clock reads 12am or anything after that, it is May 16. Just because its not May 16th in Cambodia or some other country doesnt mean jack. Let us see our movie!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

He'll do midnight movies because he wants to crush the weekend box office record.
    Lucas: "Stop that, my hands are dirty."

Rick: "So are mine."

Long Live Yaddle.

Star Wars Episode III: McCallum's Revenge aka "It's freakin' awesome!"

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    My theatre is having a midnite showing. I have to work.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."