Question Question about disappearing Jedi and midichlorians

There used to be much discussion about Episode II clearing up the confusion surrounding Qui-Gon Jinn's non-disappearing act at the end of TPM. So, for those of you who have read either the book or graphic novel, does this mystery get solved. Also, any elaboration on those lame-a** midichlorians? Are these mentioned at all in the book?
    BTW, I wasn't sure if I should post this in EII spoilers or the book section. Hopefully, this is the right place.

There were no mentions of the midis. There was one mention of Qui Gon Jinn and keeping one's identity in the force. When Anakin slaughters the Raiders on Tatooine, he hears Qui Gon say "No Anakin!", but doesn't care. Yoda hears Jinn say the same thing while in meditation on Coruscant, but doesn't understand how that is possible.
    ubi mel ibi apes

We certainly got to see more nondisappearing Jedi Knights.
    No mention of the midichlorans, fine by me! I thought the one line about the prophecy was enough of a nod to TPM while allowing the movie to move forward.

The less mention of midichlorans the better, that was almost as bad as the ever-present Jar Jar in TPM

Angry

I hadn't even thought about it til now, but I am pretty disappointed that there has been no mention of the whole disappearing act that SOME jedi's pull and SOME jedi's don't. That sucks. Obi-Wan should be seeing Qui-Gonn's ghost, or hearing him talk. That's always been one of the most redeeming qualities of these movies -- the spiritual guidance from past lives.

Originally posted by Toad
    I hadn't even thought about it til now, but I am pretty disappointed that there has been no mention of the whole disappearing act that SOME jedi's pull and SOME jedi's don't. That sucks. Obi-Wan should be seeing Qui-Gonn's ghost, or hearing him talk. That's always been one of the most redeeming qualities of these movies -- the spiritual guidance from past lives.
    It's interesting that none of the Jedi in the Arena battle are shown disappearing. I was kind of surprised by that.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?

My roomate had a great idea about this, he
    thought that the jedi only dispear when they prepare themselves to. The jedi that die and don't disapear haven't had time to metal prepare for it. Qui Gon is killed unexpectedly, and all those Jedi at the area where too busy battleing. What about Vader? WEll he was too busy trying to stay alive to talk to his son before he died.

Just a thought, I think it's pretty good for now.

Originally posted by pthfnder89

It's interesting that none of the Jedi in the Arena battle are shown disappearing. I was kind of surprised by that.
    Yep. That's my only gripe about this movie ---- but it's a small one, b/c the movie kicks butt, and I'm sure it'll be hinted at in Ep. III. (If not, Lucas is screwing himself out of a potentially incredible plotline or device).

I am glad that there are no mention of the midichlorians, but you would figure that the whole disappearing thing would have been mentioned. I was really hoping to see a spirit Qui-Gon appear.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Lightbulb

Here's my theory, based upon this line from Anakin: "I want to be able to stop people from dying."

I think Anakin will search for anything, including Sith teachings (since he seems to be an ends-justify-the-means kind of person), to find techniques to become immortal. He might find out some way, and tell Obi-Wan and Yoda. That would explain why no other Jedi have disappeared, since they don't know the way. It would also explain why Anakin/Vader was able to become a ghost, despite being bad.
    Now, you'll say (yes, YOU! ), but Ben said he'd become more powerful than Vader if he's struck down. Doesn't Obi-Wan know Vader knows, too? Well, I don't know that. Maybe electronics are a way to become immortal, and Vader trusts in them more than some Jedi or Sith technique, but still could if he wanted to.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(