Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Gold-plated Slave I & X-Wing Fighter Question

I was at my local Big Lots looking for some older SW items, when I ran across something I hadnt seen before.

If anyone can provide info on it I would be grateful:

Contents inside a clear plastic case with a black base.
    X-Wing Fighter in gold-plate on left hand side, Slave I on right hand side. Both ships are pointed so that they face the middle of the case.

The price was around $15.

Two questions:

Is this a good price for this?
    What if any information can you provide on this item?

There are three of these sets listed at Rebelscum. I have no idea about their value and don't collect these but I can at least direct you to images of the rest of the series.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...mgoldxwing.jpg
    http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...oldshuttle.jpg
    http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...goldfalcon.jpg

Thanks!!!

That first link you gave me was it!!!!

I looked this morning using google.com but couldnt find anything.

Now I just have to figure out who made em (I assume Galoob, & what their original retail price was, so that I dont overpay for em)

Value is not a concern me, as I plan on opening em...

Again, thanks!
    Last edited by BanthaPoodoo; 04-30-2002 at 03:17 PM.

They were made by Galoob, they were exclusive to 3 different retailers (FAO, JC Penny, and the Fan Club) and were $100 each originally. Our good friend r2dee2 picked up all 3 for me w/ COAs (certificates of authenticity) a while back. They're made from the Galoob X-rays molds (those molds got a lot of milage, besides X-rays and these 24-karat gold sets, they were also used for the classic trilogy Die Cast vehicles).

- Slave I/X-wing set was JC Penny's
    - Vader's TIE/Falcon set was FAO's
    - Shuttle/Imp logo set was the Fan Club's
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

hey poodoo, if they have more of them, would you be willing to pick one up for me?
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

JT: I don't think the shuttle was a Fan Club exclusive. I bought it at Service Merchandise when it first came out for 74.99 and until now believed it to be a Service Merchandise exclusive (it was the first Galoob item I ever got). At least up until KB and other closeout stores got them about a year ago.

Later,
    S43

You could be right, but it might have been a shared-exclusive or the Fan Club could have tossed it quickly. The data from Galoob's old site says "Star Wars Catalog", but that's not conclusive.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got mine about a year ago from big lots... and my great darth mauls... u guys gotta be kidding me over 60 bucks for these... i only payed 9.99 for them.... however it was x-wing and slave I... BanthaPoodoo we should wipe the sweat from our brow... we dodged a bullet a 60+ dollar bullet
    RePoZeSoR

I just want to give a big thanks to BanthaPoodoo for getting and sending me the gold-plated galoob set. It's an awesome display piece!
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}