Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

25th Anniversary Packs (Droids!!!)

Okay... it all just completely came together for me. We've got these great new 25th Anniversary packs- Luke and Leia, Han and Chewbacca, Ben Kenobi and Darth Vader...

however... what's wrong with this picture. We've created these great "pairs" of characters, but where are the droids??? SERIOUSLY! Artoo and Threepio are the first two main characters we were introduced to in the film!!! Aside from my pleas for a newly "properly" sculpted Threepio... this seems to have been over-looked!

C'mon folks! Did we all forget about these guys? I know it's a little "late" to be asking for something like this to be added to the 25th Anniversay line, but it should have been done to begin with!

p.s.- we DO serve their kind where I come from.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Sorry about my one-track "droid" mind...
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I'm in full agreement with you JEDIpartnr.We need the droids redone[C3PO].
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

I posted a request for this in the "And now....Super Deluxe" thread. I think it would be great to have Threepio and Artoo in a two-pack with the escape pod and a desert sandscape.

The only reason I could think that Hasbro is holding off on these, is the impending release of the laser-scanned Ep2 Threepio and Artoo. Artoo will look pretty much exactly the same as always, unless they ruin him with some new stupid gimmick. And Threepio will be back to his old body with a different finish. Thus Hasbro may not want to cut into their Ep2 sales with nearly identical droids released just a few months earlier. Sounds lame, but unfortunately it's business.

Maybe after the Ep2 fervor has died down we'll get the droids released in all their ANH glory, and since the laser scanned molds will already be made, they'll be more accurate than ever!

(Y'know it says a lot about the acceptance of the prequels when many SW fans see the release of a new movie as a minor distraction from the toys they really want made. Hmmm.)

See Hasbro really $ux$ when it comes to things like this . I too can't belive they forgot R2-D2 and C-3PO, Maybe they thought we had "too" many of them and decided not to make them?

NOT HAPPY HASBRO
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs up

I have to agree that I found it odd that there wasn't a 2-pack for them. I would def. like, prefer, it if they made the escape pod and included them.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Like so many things in the world of toys, it often comes down to what makes a viable case-pack. Hasbro probably settled on three as a good number to pack out at six (two each) per carton. This would limit the quantities retailers would have to take on in a per-case basis and would satisfy both the desire to create such sets and prevent retailer fears of being over burdoned with product. Naturally the EI glut has a lot to do with why such decisions have to be made. We should be glad that anyone is willing to carry Star Wars figures of any description after the potential disaster that was the EI figure dump.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Thumbs up

I vote for the idea of the droids being included in the escape pod.
    Thats a plus that will sell these figures more than the other 25th anniversary two packs.
    As always...........L

Originally posted by Lobito
    Thats a plus that will sell these figures more than the other 25th anniversary two packs.
    I don't know, Han Solo and Chewbacca are probably going to put up a fight to be the best of the lot so far
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Why stop with R2 and 3PO? I see plenty of oppurtunity to round out the "Purchase of the droids" scene with droid 2-packs.

R1-G4
    LNK Mining Droid (the half sphere droid)
    CZ-1 (or 3 or 4, depending....why was there never a CZ-2 droid?)
    A new R5-D4 (hello, Hasbro??)
    RA-7 silver Death Star protocol Droid.
    A new multi-armed Treadwell droid (You did so well with FX-7...)

Speaking of that treadwell droid. I think it's funny if it's the same one that craps out on Luke in the deleted scene. The jawas found it, rebuilt it, and then tried to sell it back to Owen the next day. Clever little scammers... Where were we? Oh yeah...

You wouldn't necessarily have to put them in 25thA boxes, but droid 2-packs would be a swell idea.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."