Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ANH spec edition greedo misfire

A blast from the past question:
    Watched it last night and i groaned yet again when i saw greedo fire at han first in the cantina

Why did they do this?
    Which way is better?? Obviously i liked han icing him without the 'self defense' idea...

Everyone knows that the original version is better. Hands down. . .no question. Lets hope we can choose what scenes we want to see in the DVD version. . .sort of a "Make-Your-Own" Edition.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Yeah a branching dvd would be cool, i almost forgot they added that part but man , what was george thinking?

Im from NJ too, raritan.

Cool. . .where did you go for MMadness?

TRU in somerville 50 people, only a couple freaks, got everything, Picked up the walmart exclusives the next day.
    How bout you?

the OT version was definetly better although I can live with it...but this has been discussed to often and people shouldn't always rewind the others of that scene cause most of them react very strange and may go mad and start a killing spree and...sorry went a little off the topic

LOL Maul.

I went to Woodbridge. . . about 100 people. Got everything I wanted (but no Dooku.) Still looking for the WM exclusives. Talk with you later, gotta go home.

The reason GL changed it becasue he caught a lot flack back in '77 about Han being a cold blooded killer. Parents didn't like thier childrens heros being a murderer. We as true fans see that this is not the case, but back in '77 people had different views. So, that was something GL always wanted to change, and the SE gave him that chance.

I don't mind it too much, and when I was a kid I never thought twice about Han being a murderer, but whatever. It's George's film and he can do what he wants to it. If in the DVD he wants to replace Jabba with Big Bird that's fine by me.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Hmm.....

I liked Greedo firing first......
    "You will shed tears of crimson"-Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

YOU MADE IT HAPPEN!!! THANKS FOR VOTING CONCEPT STORMIE!!!

Originally posted by icatch9
    The reason GL changed it becasue he caught a lot flack back in '77 about Han being a cold blooded killer. Parents didn't like thier childrens heros being a murderer. We as true fans see that this is not the case, but back in '77 people had different views. So, that was something GL always wanted to change, and the SE gave him that chance.

I don't mind it too much, and when I was a kid I never thought twice about Han being a murderer, but whatever.
    Funny back when I originally saw the trilogy when I was a kid I never thought about Han being a cold blooded killer either. It should have been left untampered, but I guess GL is more into doing things to please "families" and "children" nowadays, TPM being a prime example of that. Funny how these people don't complain about all the killing and severing of limbs, but when it comes to who shot first these parents go nuts. What a bunch of morons if you ask me.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."